Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trosdard's role today

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Just think about what kind of player we would have on our hands if he could improve on this

Always thought this ,and with Knocky too. Imagine how much they would both be worth if all the good bits stayed but the inconsistencies weren't there. Knocky worth £25 million and Trossard £60 million. Let's hope wonder coaching works for Tross (and Knocky too).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was SCREAMING for him to taken off and replaced by Ale Mac, then he scored and all was well again :bowdown:

Incidentally, why do commentators pronounce his name with a silent 'D'

Because that's more like how it'd sound in his native language. I'm not a French-speaker, but guess it should be something like Twossar.

Because it is a silent d, presuming it is a “French” Belgian name. I am a French speaker.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tross art is emerging:

[tweet]1371179697002975240[/tweet]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don;t agree that his best position is up front.

Some sort of .... in the hole / free role / attacking central midfield position is where we should put him

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Saw this on MOTD - WTF is it about. How is this strengthening the defensive wall against a free-kick.

I'm genuinely baffled.

So the wall can jump, whilst stopping Ward-Prowse from kicking it under the thing.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Had a discussion last week on here regarding why Trossard is never dropped, my defence of Potter's constant selection of him is that when he does get a chance he can finish. He backed that yesterday, plenty of our team would have pulled a worldy out of Forster or hit the woodwork, or killed a pigeon at the back of the stand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because it is a silent d, presuming it is a “French” Belgian name. I am a French speaker.
He could be Flemish Belgian.

Saw this on MOTD - WTF is it about. How is him laying on the ground strengthening the defensive wall against a free-kick.

I'm genuinely baffled.

Knockaert used to do the same when we were in the Championship. It prevents the ball going under the wall like a daisy cutter.
I saw LuaLua score a goal at Elland Road, just like that. The wall jumped, but he struck the ball hard straight under.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Saw this on MOTD - WTF is it about. How is him laying on the ground strengthening the defensive wall against a free-kick.

I'm genuinely baffled.

To stop players trying to sneak one in under the wall, quite a clever defensive thing that's crept into the game since a few players have scored from doing so.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He could be Flemish Belgian.

..... Which is why i said presuming it (the name) is French Belgian. He was born somewhere near the Dutch border, so I guess the only way would be to ask him!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Thought he had a really good 2nd half today. Bit meh first half but the change in system really suited him. Also really impressed with Zequiri.

I`m a big fan of BDB but when GP changed it about with Zeqiri on the left and Leo in the middle we looked so much more dangerous . With Dan out for a while i really hope GP sticks with that set-up , as you say it suited him and Andi was very impressive on the left .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The pair of legs directly above Trossard's shins - who's been cutting their socks in half FFS? My mum would have gone mental if I'd done that to my football socks.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The pair of legs directly above Trossard's shins - who's been cutting their socks in half FFS? My mum would have gone mental if I'd done that to my football socks.

A lot of players have the foot cut off the socks as players wear these grippy socks and two pairs rub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here