Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tropical fish - Free to collector

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sadly my tank has sprung a leak and I have to take it all apart and start again.

So I have a few nice fish available on free transfers. The fish transfer deadline though is tomorrow - Tuesday 14th June.

Bennett, Noone and Lua Lua
Three Clown Loach - been in my tank a little over a year - very lively, busy fish and fun to watch.

Baz
A small Plec. - He's been here a year and looks good on the rare occasions you see him. He's supposed to clean the glass and stones, but rarely does anything, so I can't see what value he really adds to the tank. May produce more under different management.

There are also a couple of fringe players available. Neon tetras etc. Useful background players, but unlikely to make anyone's first team tank.

If you're interested, they are in Dyke Road Hove and must go today or tomorrow. They are free - but I would welcome a donation to REMF.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
If not, i'll have them mate...already have 4 clown loach + big shoal of neons and cardinals in high tech planted 5 foot tank. I work in preston park too so not far from you.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If not, i'll have them mate...already have 4 clown loach + big shoal of neons and cardinals in high tech planted 5 foot tank. I work in preston park too so not far from you.

Didn't you post a picture of your tank a while back?

If so I Couldn't think of a better home for some homeless fish, it looked stunning.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Crikey an NSC Aquarium enthuiast section. I could go with it! Been fishkeeping for four years, could be a good place to arrange transfers! Settled squad at the moment though.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There have been a number of tropical fish threads on here over the years, which is why I posted this morning.
Thanks for the offer Jevs, but Fred Oliver - The Legend is coming over this afternoon to take my homeless fish, leaving me to clean up and dispose of the dodgy tank.
When I get back from holiday, I will look at starting again, and just possibly might go marine, as I've always fancied trying that.

Any marine aquarium keepers here with any tips?
Is it as complicated as I am led to believe?
I tend to use Maidenhead at Hickstead. Are they good for a new marine set up?
Any other recommendations if I do go down this route?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here