Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trip to Brighton..

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Top work Holm.We could be drawn against a Danish club when we qualify for the Europa somewhere around 2015

Yes, I live in Næstved (60 miles south of Copenhagen). I started cheering for the team around the 97' season I guess. I played with the team in an old Football Manager, and started to follow the results and players in newspapers and later on the internet (live streaming).

There used to be a "Scandinavien Seagulls fanclub" some years ago. It probaly vanished when the team relegated from Championsship.

Most of us haven't been Copen too well since then. Guess it's time to Lego and look forward however.

(That's how you do it, essbee ;))

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This is great, we lost our original home, didn't really have one at all for ages...then found a temporary one, now we have another one in Denmark and a new one going up at Falmer...we have almost as many homes as the Queen.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
DannySeagull,

There's 'Scand' pickings left for me after that one.

"Den" in that case - you win - but "Mark" my words - I'll
be back.

Holm

Nov 15, 2009
London
Top work Holm.We could be drawn against a Danish club when we qualify for the Europa somewhere around 2015

I let you sleep on my couch :laugh:

Well, my own team in Denmark (Brøndby) are also playing like s*** at the time. Used to be big team with a lot of famous players (Schmeichel, Laudrup, Lars Olsen, Vilfort, Agger...)

Looking forward to Brøndby - Brighton (2025) :clap2:

Last edited:

littlehamptonbha

Jan 24, 2010
littlehampton
Yes, I live in Næstved (60 miles south of Copenhagen). I started cheering for the team around the 97' season I guess. I played with the team in an old Football Manager, and started to follow the results and players in newspapers and later on the internet (live streaming).

There used to be a "Scandinavien Seagulls fanclub" some years ago. It probaly vanished when the team relegated from Championsship.

good on u mate:thumbsup: hope u have a great day out:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Welcome, and I admire your spirit.

Check the Pavillion (a Regency folly/palace), visit North Laine during the afternoon (i.e. when the shops are open). This is an area full of boutique style shops, cafes and pubs. Get some sea air on the beach and have fish and chips and a pint of fizzy lager.

If you go out in the evening avoid West St like the plague. There are plenty of nice areas in Brighton for evening entertainment.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If they are funny about sending a ticket to you in Denmark let me know and I'll get you one and forward it on to you.

Not only do we sign up the FLAIR foreigners we now have FLAIR fans.

Hope you enjoy Sussex by the sea

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Hi..

I live in Denmark and been a fan of Brighton for a while now. I am travelling to London 31 march, and im planning a trip to Brighton for the match against Southampton the next day (Thu 1 april).
Im planning to spend some time in Brighton before the match. Can you recommend me some things to see? Pubs, sightseeing, Etc..

And how about tickets for the match? Do you expect full attendance?

Thanks...

Holm

We know that's you, Jamie. Go away.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
There is an Albion fan in Denmark ... not sure where, he was in TSLR though.

2 is enough for a Danish Seagulls Fanclub

There is an Italian Seagulls Fanclub ...

Sono stato a Brighton (cittadina fantastica nel sud dell'inghilterra) e mi sono affezzionato a questa squadra che milita in League 1 (serie c o lega pro prima divisione italiana).

Andate a visitare il loro sito oppure su youtube i video, spero che aderirete in tanti

they have a facebook group here, i suggest you all join now!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Welcome, and I admire your spirit.

Check the Pavillion (a Regency folly/palace), visit North Laine during the afternoon (i.e. when the shops are open). This is an area full of boutique style shops, cafes and pubs. Get some sea air on the beach and have fish and chips and a pint of fizzy lager.

If you go out in the evening avoid West St like the plague. There are plenty of nice areas in Brighton for evening entertainment.

No,no,no,no....and washed down with a pint of Harveys Best Bitter! He comes from the land of fizzy lager!

Holm

Nov 15, 2009
London
Thank you for the help guys..

I give Scottish Paul a call tomorrow, and see if he can sort it out..

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
regardless of the resul and the withdean experience you will have an amazing time in brighton imo it has the best nightlife outside of london in the uk, loads of decent independent shops and more than enough oppertunities for sightseeing.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

I love it when stuff like that happens! My NHL side is the Carolina Hurricanes because when i was younger, i made my own team (the preincluded EA Storm) and picked to play Carolina based on their badge. I now follow them fairly loosely!

Be nice to have you down :thumbsup:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Hej Holm,

If you get the time walk along the front to Hove and the lawns and take a look at the regency buildings between the sea and Western Road. I think they are wonderful. The other great thing about Brighton is if you stay away from the main streets you stumble across some lovely shops or bars etc... that never fail to impress.

Nyde Brighton

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As timbha has said, take a trip to see the new stadium. You may have seen one or two photos on here in the last couple of days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here