Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bit risky getting injured just to wave goodbye.

I reckon this supposed deal is way off from getting done if he's playing IMO

He played 80 minutes and the Huddersfield fans appreciated him waving goodbye when he went off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just been on the various fans forum's to have a look.

Bristol City want £3m for Baldock, which is a bit unrealistic for someone in the last year of their contract.

Huddersfield think £2m for Clayton.........

Wolves just want to off-load Ward. Apparently he hasn't been given a squad number.

Just for interest Bristol City mentioned Billy Sharp is being allowed to leave S'ton.

I think £1m for Clayton and £1m for Baldock would be about right.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Bristol City want £3m for Baldock, which is a bit unrealistic for someone in the last year of their contract.

Huddersfield think £2m for Clayton.........

Wolves just want to off-load Ward. Apparently he hasn't been given a squad number.

Just for interest Bristol City mentioned Billy Sharp is being allowed to leave S'ton.

I think £1m for Clayton and £1m for Baldock would be about right.

£1.5M for Clayton seems to be the figure Sky Sports are reporting , I can't see us offering more than £750k for Baldock though.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They're happy to risk £1.5 mill so he can have a friendly kick about?

Seems odd to me for a player who's supposedly close to signing for us

Perhaps. If it means he gets playing time under his belt so he's more prepared to play as soon as we need him, rather than need to build up match fitness then it might be a calculated risk.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol: Grabban was banging them in a level above Baldock, and was £1m in January, and everyone thought Norwich paid too much (£3m). Baldock scored a similar amount of goals, 1 league lower, and only has a year left.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Perhaps. If it means he gets playing time under his belt so he's more prepared to play as soon as we need him, rather than need to build up match fitness then it might be a calculated risk.

I appreciate everyone is hoping this deal is close so looking for reasons but that just doesn't happen. Ulloa didn't kick a ball for us from the moment Leicester made their interest known

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's a quick sample...

- His applause to the fans when he was subbed was ominous.
- Don't think i'd blame him for joining Brighton.. They can obviously pay him more & he'll be joining one of the most progressive clubs in the country imo.. Would certainly make more sense than joining Middlesbrough!
- To be fair, Brighton does look a good move for him. Certainly makes more sense than Middlesbrough. I just hope he doesn't think that (or that we get a decent fee for him & can get a decent replacement). FWIW, I wouldn't expect him to go cheaply. Even though he only has 1 year left on his contract Deano [Owner Dean Hoyle] tends to be a good negotiator.
- Think we may get £2m+ for him if more than one club are interested.
- If he isn't going to sign a new contract with Town - and the offer that town may make is a separate issue - it's time to sell.
- I will be astonished if Clayton is here in a month such was his body language after being subbed.

via their NSC; Down at the Mac
http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/92158/adam-clayton

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:lol: Grabban was banging them in a level above Baldock, and was £1m in January, and everyone thought Norwich paid too much (£3m). Baldock scored a similar amount of goals, 1 league lower, and only has a year left.

£3mill for a L1 player with a year left on his contract?

Laughable!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I appreciate everyone is hoping this deal is close so looking for reasons but that just doesn't happen. Ulloa didn't kick a ball for us from the moment Leicester made their interest known

Using my 'theory', Ulloa wasn't match fit so when we knew that a deal was imminent, we didn't play him to ensure no injuries. Plus, Leicester have had one or two friendlies since they've signed him, to allow him to get match practice with his new club- something Clayton won't necessarily have if he joins.

I'm not saying if he will or won't join, i've no idea. I'll believe it when i hear it from the Club (or [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] starts giving bigger hints).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Clayton has just tweeted this "1 week left til it starts again. Canny wait!!!" - suitably ambiguous.

[tweet]495617702330126336[/tweet]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Huddersfield think £2m for Clayton.........ou
Just for interest Bristol City mentioned Billy Sharp is being allowed to leave S'ton

What price for Sharpe as I would sooner sign him than Baldock for £1m even if he cost more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here