Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trick or Treat count!

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
We've had 7 - I feel for my doorbell to be honest, if it rings one more bloody time I'm going to have to start attacking it

:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
cheshunt seagull said:
Mu daughter has carefully prepared a bag of all the sweets she doesn't like, but no callers yet

Its cost me a small fortune, my little boy will have no sweets left!!!
Post your address and I will dress him up to collect your unwanted sweets!! :lolol:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I've had 5 lots of 'em so far, every time I sit down the bloody door bell rings. I think I'll send my little lad out next year so at least we get something back for our trouble!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still none :clap2: :clap2:

I totally disapprove of Halloween.

Like trick or treat it's a (fairly recent) American import, promoted by Walmart as a way of selling cheap tat and pumpkins. As a splendid article in the Guardian the other day put it, a combination of ASDA and ASBO.

When I was a tiny kid, growing up in Leeds, we celebrated "Mischievous Night" on November 4th. No "trick or treat" nonsense. Only one option was available ... "Trick".

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lord Bracknell said:
I totally disapprove of Halloween.

Like trick or treat it's a (fairly recent) American import, promoted by Walmart as a way of selling cheap tat and pumpkins. As a splendid article in the Guardian the other day put it, a combination of ASDA and ASBO.

When I was a tiny kid, growing up in Leeds, we celebrated "Mischievous Night" on November 4th. No "trick or treat" nonsense. Only one option was available ... "Trick".

Err, common misconception alert

Trick or Treat is american, yes. The policy of kids scrounging sweets for a party on Halloween was done in Ireland as far back as the 1920's if not earlier.

Remember, we invented the damn thing
:lolol:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
You miserable tight-fisted bunch!

It's about time you realised that Trick or Treating is as much fun for the givers as the receivers. How often do you get the chance to bring happiness to so many kids? Most people I know really look forward to making the kids smile. It is especially popular with old folk living on their own who don't get many visitors.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
0 so far. The crocodiles have done well.:clap2:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Juan Albion said:
You miserable tight-fisted bunch!

It's about time you realised that Trick or Treating is as much fun for the givers as the receivers. How often do you get the chance to bring happiness to so many kids? Most people I know really look forward to making the kids smile. It is especially popular with old folk living on their own who don't get many visitors.

Well said. Exactly what I was going to say until I got to your post. You bunch of miserable whinging bastards. Get involved and stop being such a bunch of sad old *****.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
If you run out of change. My kids take cheques, and cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here