Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trevor Sinclair better than Owen Hargreaves?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
fair enough! i think one thing u think the other! leave it at that!

:clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jambo Seagull said:
I really can't understand why Owen Hargreaves is anywhere near England football team. For a start he is less English than Greg Rusedski. Secondly he is a typical North American footballer. Great athlete, will run all day but that's it. No creativity or skill. And he doesn't play for Bayern Munich, he plays for Owen Hargreave's Bayern Munich (copyright Clive Tyldesley circa 2001 when Bayern won the European Cup). I don't have a view on Trevor Sinclair but he does fulfil the criteria of being English and a footballer, so he is ahead of Owen Hargreaves on both counts.

Trevor Sinclair may fil the criteria but is nowhere near as good as Hargreaves.

Owen is as English and Lennox Lewis, so there.

FYI brighton b0y I think you are lovely.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
f*** sake it's not a cheese roll! :angry:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Alan Thompson (Celtic) is better than both of them and would fill our left midfield position with style and creativity

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thompson has a decent left foot but is made to look good by the players that surround him, he plays for a team that has won all but one of their league games this season for crying out loud.

I think he would look average in the Premiership ifhe came back.

I'd rather see Gareth Barry on the left, he IS good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The clamour for Alan Thompson reminds me of Rangers fans drooling over Mark Walters. To prove their point, there was untold footage of him skinning the Airdie fullback and clipping in a cross.

I ask you.

It goes without saying he was shite when Liverpool consequently signed him. :jester:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
As I said ... I am not getting into another Scotland v England players row .... lived up there too long for that!

However to change tack ... wouldn't mind seeing Bridge play in front of Cole in a wide left midfield position .... assuming of course that Erickson will not even watch Thompon play, let alone pick him for the squad

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Would it not be best to have Cole on the left wing. Bridge is a much better tackler and Cole looks very dangerous when he gets into the box.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Thompson has a decent left foot but is made to look good by the players that surround him, he plays for a team that has won all but one of their league games this season for crying out loud.I think he would look average in the Premiership ifhe came back.

like hargreaves! good players around him, make him look better than he is! is the premisership he'd look average!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Would it not be best to have Cole on the left wing. Bridge is a much better tackler and Cole looks very dangerous when he gets into the box.

Yeah .. just wonder whether the man from the nuclear power plant has ever seriously considered playing them both

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe he didn't use the Portugal friendly for that purpose, it is clear to everyone that it's probably the way forward but Eriksson doesn't want to try it.

He's starting to get on my tits a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here