Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trevor Benjamin

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
No offence to Mark McCammon but big benji is currently on loan at Northampton. Why oh why did we not try & bring him back?

Maybe its because leicester would loan him out to side in the same division but if he is at northmapton surly it could have nothing to do with money.

He is out of contract at the end of the season too

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Leicester want shot of him. They've just got a striker from Hearts so he's surplus to requirements. Whoever wants him can take him off their hands for nothing.

But we can't afford his wages.

Probably.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wages, wages, wages, it all we ever hear. Maybe if a club like ours approched a player like Trevor whos out of favour, he'd take a hit on the money. After all we can offer better fans and a better league than the likes of Northampton.

And if players aren't interested in playing for more modest renumeration (bearing in mind they'd still get paid get more a week than most people do a month) then im not sure im that fussed in having them here.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
beorhthelm said:
wages, wages, wages, it all we ever hear. Maybe if a club like ours approched a player like Trevor whos out of favour, he'd take a hit on the money. After all we can offer better fans and a better league than the likes of Northampton.

And if players aren't interested in playing for more modest renumeration (bearing in mind they'd still get paid get more a week than most people do a month) then im not sure im that fussed in having them here.

I think the issue is the fact that Peter Taylor gave him a long contract worth about 17k a week, now why would you leave that to go and earn 2k a week? However much you may love the game, you would be throwing a lot of money away and by sitting his contract out, he is securing his future once his playing days are over.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
if you read the ask the club forum i have asked them about benji only to be told that they are sure that Mcghee no's that he is available but for some reason isnt interested also i advised them that shipperly is now available

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
wilderabeast said:
if you read the ask the club forum i have asked them about benji only to be told that they are sure that Mcghee no's that he is available but for some reason isnt interested also i advised them that shipperly is now available

I can see you getting banned from Ask The Club before long :rolleyes:

"Have the club been made away that David Beckham maybe leaving Real Madrid in the Summer?" :shootself :D

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
well worth a try as we have no scouts at club....and gillingahm are on the verge of signing shipperley ok i no he is palace but could do a good job....the club are always harking on about money being available for loanees and free transfers doesnt hurt to ask them if not why not

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There is money available. Days before there is none. Then people like Cullip are offered 'the best deal in the clubs history' when another club comes in to buy them. Unless its spin, no surely not.

Officially McCammon signed before Danny went. Therefore there are funds available for wages, but probably not enough for a fee. And no Im not Ernest or FG or anyone like that.

Im sure Leicester and Northampton are sharing his wages at the moment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
17k :eek:

fair enough, didnt realised he was on that. You have to wonder why though, i mean he's not *that* good.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No way on this earth can Northampton afford £17k.

I bet Leicester are paying the bulk of his wages.

Hes in the shop window at the moment. He also knows no one is going to stump up that kind of cash now.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Seems to be doing ok.

BBC report from lastnight

Grimsby 1-2 Northampton
Northampton came back from a goal down to defeat 10-man Grimsby.
Michael Reddy put Grimsby ahead when he got a faint touch to Jason Crowe's header from a Thomas Pinault corner.

The Cobblers levelled after keeper Anthony Williams spilled Trevor BENJAMIN's shot and Scott McGleish tucked away the rebound.

BENJAMIN nodded home the winner froma Pedj Bojic cross

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He certainly gets himself involved and must be a better bet than McCammon but does McGhee want him?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
He certainly gets himself involved and must be a better bet than McCammon but does McGhee want him?

I think a combination of taking a cut in wages .. . Im sure Leicester are paying northampton a vast proportion ... plus the fact that he wouldnt have to leave home to play for Northampton ..plus probably MM dosent fancy ...all add up to him not comming here .

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
He scored for us at Grimsby last season too. I remember that goal as it is the only Albion goal I've ever celebrated sat amongst opposing team's fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here