Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling to falmer from B.Hill

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or you could get the Mid Sussex Seagulls coach at £5 a time, which picks up at The Kings Head.

Very good point. Except the pick up point is near where the George used to be not the King's Head.

Going home will take a long time from Falmer.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perfect, nearer my house.

is it still ok to book just match by match?

It is. However I would recommend that you email a booking in advamce. You may wish to book a few at a time, to save hunting around for fivers.

We will email you back confirming your booking.

We are trying to avoid the situation where people say, verbally, that they are coming on a particular day, and just not turning up. (Not suggesting that you will do that Hillian1 for one moment but I think you appreciate where we are coming from.)

Look forward to meeting you.
:drink::amex:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Just noticed you can cut 20mins off your journey time if go from 'Wivelsfield' via Lewes.

Rather than heading into Brighton and out.

FYI

So how long is the train journey from Wivelsfield to Lewes ?
And then Lewes to Falmer ?

How does it save this 20 mins ?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
So how long is the train journey from Wivelsfield to Lewes ?
And then Lewes to Falmer ?

How does it save this 20 mins ?

August 6th:
12:11 Wivelsfield [WVF]
Lewes [LWS] 12:22
12:29 Lewes [LWS]
Falmer [FMR] 12:36
(25 mins)

12:38 Burgess Hill [BUG]
Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN] 12:52
13:10 Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN]
Falmer [FMR] 13:19
(41 mins)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
August 6th:
12:11 Wivelsfield [WVF]
Lewes [LWS] 12:22
12:29 Lewes [LWS]
Falmer [FMR] 12:36
(25 mins)

12:38 Burgess Hill [BUG]
Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN] 12:52
13:10 Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN]
Falmer [FMR] 13:19
(41 mins)

Thats a very early leave .....i dont want to get to the ground until 2.30 ish....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
All of your timings are based purely on train times, rather than queues, which are likely to be far more significant, aren't they?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I just went with that for Aug 6th since I want to be there plenty of time before kick-off on the first game to look around and soak up the atmosphere....!

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
network_map_full.jpg

Not a great map though - says you should get the ferry from Newhaven Town, not Harbour!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not a great map though - says you should get the ferry from Newhaven Town, not Harbour!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

You do get off at Newhaven Town for the ferry.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All of your timings are based purely on train times, rather than queues, which are likely to be far more significant, aren't they?

Much better bet going home via Lewes though surely, the world and his dog will be on the opposite platform awaiting a train into Brighton.

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
It is. However I would recommend that you email a booking in advamce. You may wish to book a few at a time, to save hunting around for fivers.

We will email you back confirming your booking.

We are trying to avoid the situation where people say, verbally, that they are coming on a particular day, and just not turning up. (Not suggesting that you will do that Hillian1 for one moment but I think you appreciate where we are coming from.)

Look forward to meeting you.
:drink::amex:

Just wondered what time the coach leaves the hill and return?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Arent they going to put on special trains on matchdays that go down into Brighton and then out again to Falmer without the need to change? I thought I read that somewhere although my have just been wishful thinking!

Yes they are, but only for late arrivals who miss the magic carpet.

The magic carpet is for people who don't make it through the wormhole in time.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I must say I'd always assumed it was a quicker journey to go via Brighton. I planned to go to games via Brighton, and then save the Lewes option for journeys home, thus hopefully avoiding quite so much of a crush trying to get on a Brighton train.

That said, if there are thousands of people queuing, it won't make a lot of odds which train they want, if we're all still lined up outside the station.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I went to Cooksbridge before and was waiting for a train. Was told by a guy that they don't stop there on the weekend.
That was about 4 years ago though.

i would not of waited there four years....after a couple of weekends of no trains i would have given up.
;-)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
i would not of waited there four years....after a couple of weekends of no trains i would have given up.
;-)

But maybe the guy that told him was actually MI5 and had the intention of keeping in Cooksbridge indefinitely? Did he actually go to the station? Was there any CCTV of trains on that day? Were there any other passengers who could have witnessed this mis-information? Who know's what really went on on that ordinary day in the peaceful village of Cooksbridge!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here