Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling from Suffolk/Cambs/Norfolk

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket
Anyone travel from Suffolk/Cambs/Norfolk areas to home games and interested in lift shares?

Im not a STH as I couldnt afford it (especially when conbined with travel costs), but would like to get to some games!

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Anyone travel from Suffolk/Cambs/Norfolk areas to home games and interested in lift shares?

Im not a STH as I couldnt afford it (especially when conbined with travel costs), but would like to get to some games!

Hi Yoda Did you know you can pay monthly for a season ticket? It would even the cost out for you.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge

My problem too. Desperate to get a season ticket, on the waiting list but then realised that although I could afford the season ticket £36 or so a month, I couldn't afford the petrol or face the m11 and m25 23 times a year. Heartbraking phone call to ticket office yesterday when they asked if I really didn't want to take them up on the offer.

Can't offer a lift to the odd home game because the car is invariably full of luggage and family visiting the old folks back in Sussex, but do go to a few away games if you are interested in lift sharing. There's a couple of us just north of Cambridge who went to Brum, Ipswich, P'boro (obviously) last season.

Did think about sharing a season ticket between us Cambridge Seagulls but it would be nice to have two seats. Possibility in the future perhaps.

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket
My problem too. Desperate to get a season ticket, on the waiting list but then realised that although I could afford the season ticket £36 or so a month, I couldn't afford the petrol or face the m11 and m25 23 times a year. Heartbraking phone call to ticket office yesterday when they asked if I really didn't want to take them up on the offer.

Can't offer a lift to the odd home game because the car is invariably full of luggage and family visiting the old folks back in Sussex, but do go to a few away games if you are interested in lift sharing. There's a couple of us just north of Cambridge who went to Brum, Ipswich, P'boro (obviously) last season.

Did think about sharing a season ticket between us Cambridge Seagulls but it would be nice to have two seats. Possibility in the future perhaps.

its not so much the cost of the ticket, its the cost of the travel that gets me now. At around £40 for a round trip its twice as much as the season ticket.

I was a STH when we were at Withdean, and I travelled down from Scotland. Had a bit more cash then as i was single without kids. Thats all changed now and the spare cash has gone!

Im happy to drive down to the odd if anyone needs a share from this way though

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Yoda/patches

I'm over in bury st Edmunds and would deffo be up for travelling down to the amex for a match or 3. I had clearance to buy a final season with dean season ticket, then the same night we found out we were expecting our 2nd child, cue a rapid diversion of funds away from fun and towards nappies.

Annoyingly I can't do Ipswich away as I fly back from Los Angeles on ny day, gutted! Whereabouts in Newmarket are you?

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Yoda/patches

I'm over in bury st Edmunds and would deffo be up for travelling down to the amex for a match or 3. I had clearance to buy a final season with dean season ticket, then the same night we found out we were expecting our 2nd child, cue a rapid diversion of funds away from fun and towards nappies.

Annoyingly I can't do Ipswich away as I fly back from Los Angeles on ny day, gutted! Whereabouts in Newmarket are you?

East Anglian seagulls - bhafc fans everywhere!!

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Based in Stowmarket myself and have similar issues with the cost of travel being the biggest problem. Try to get down a few times a year myself with my father, but guessing it would be a case of which games take your fancy/are available. Generally more of an away follower.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Greetings from the turnip riviera, aka north Norfolk.

Sadly I won't be a STH this season mainly due to cost and time constraints but will be doing selected home games (tbc) and several away games. I will happily PM you lot if I have a spare seat in the car.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'll post on the right bit nearer time but I know I can't make Sheff Wed at home if any of you guys fancy 2 seats in WSL at face value

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here