Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling by FCC bad for your health?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just been on a First Capital Connect train for the first time in ages - and got off with bites all over me! Flea infested bar stewards :censored: - and the bloke who was checking tickets onboard didnt even care. I am never travelling with them again - Southern any day of the week!

Travel on that piece of shit, you get all you deserve.

FCC = unfit for purpose. Third world class transport.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Travel on that piece of shit, you get all you deserve.

FCC = unfit for purpose. Third world class transport.

It's a bit tight on the leg room in those in those trains and I've only got short legs so god knows how 6ft plus travellers cope?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Yeah it does, You'd be surprised how many calls I get in my job from train drivers reporting the slightest little things wrong on they're train, It may appear to the paying public that nothings being done but there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes they never get to see.

Fair enough if you know this for fact :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a bit tight on the leg room in those in those trains and I've only got short legs so god knows how 6ft plus travellers cope?

Impossible for two average size British people to sit opposite each other without nearly coming to blows over lack of legroom. Totally disgusting form of transport. On the other hand, not got a bad word to say about Southern trains. Warm in Winter, air-conned in Summer, comfy seats and extra legroom if you seek it out. Ridiculous that FCC are allowed to get away with their garbage really.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Impossible for two average size British people to sit opposite each other without nearly coming to blows over lack of legroom. Totally disgusting form of transport. On the other hand, not got a bad word to say about Southern trains. Warm in Winter, air-conned in Summer, comfy seats and extra legroom if you seek it out. Ridiculous that FCC are allowed to get away with their garbage really.

If i've got one complaint about southern trains it's the constant announcements, I know where i'm going thats why I got on the train so I dont need reminding every two bloody minutes.

I have

No f@@@@g seats on any trains coming out of Brighton between 7 and 10..

I really enjoy paying £3500 a year to stand all the way to London and back every day:tosser::angry::angry:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I have

I really enjoy paying £3500 a year to stand all the way to London and back every day:tosser::angry::angry:

As annoying as it is there's not much that can be done about that.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just been on a First Capital Connect train for the first time in ages - and got off with bites all over me! Flea infested bar stewards :censored: - and the bloke who was checking tickets onboard didnt even care. I am never travelling with them again - Southern any day of the week!

It's bad enough just getting it from London Bridge to Farringdon. I don't know how you Brighton commuters do it :nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thankfully I get on at Brighton so I get a seat, its the 733 SOUTHERN to London Bridge and the 532 SOUTHERN to Littlehampton back changing at Preston Park to get the SOUTHERN into Brighton which comes along about 5 mins later.

I AVOID First Crapital wherever I possibly can. As THPP says they are like Third World Carriages.

I do feel for those people who get on further up the line and have to stand tho.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have

Depends where you get on. Get on at Brighton or Preston Park you'll get a seat. OK, by the time it gets to, say, Haywards Heath it's standing room only. Which is not good, for sure. Aren't they planning some major upgrades to the services v soon. Like the Gatwick Express hoovering up the Brightonians, and services will no longer treat Preston Park like some random duck halt. Sure I read it. Or maybe just dreamt it.

If i've got one complaint about southern trains it's the constant announcements, I know where i'm going thats why I got on the train so I dont need reminding every two bloody minutes.

i'm also not PARTICULARLY bothered what bloody coach number i am
I know who to blame for this ... my former local councillor.

She uses trains a lot. She's blind. She, too, knows where she's going. But she needs to be reminded when she's approaching her destination station. And it's handy to know which carriage she's sitting in, because she can phone whoever is meeting her and arrange to be met on the platform.

And, as a politician, she was smart enough to get involved in the campaign to make genuine disabled access a reality when the new trains were introduced.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Bloody tell me about it! There I am, most mornings trying to get a nice bit of kip after reading the sports pages, and all I get it is

Bing bong - Welcome aboard the Southern service to London Victoria
Bing bong - the next station is....
Bing bong - Please keep your luggage and personal belongings with you at all times
Bing Bong - this is coach number 2 of 12
Bing bong - we will shortly be arriving at....
Bing bong - Please mind the gap between the train and the platform at this station

SHUT THE f*** UP !!!!!!!!!!!!
:censored::censored::censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here