Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling by FCC bad for your health?

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Just been on a First Capital Connect train for the first time in ages - and got off with bites all over me! Flea infested bar stewards :censored: - and the bloke who was checking tickets onboard didnt even care. I am never travelling with them again - Southern any day of the week!

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i used to travel daily with them to work at Gatwick, agreed they are shite and as for the ticket inspectors being total wankers who never admit to being wrong

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
i used to travel daily with them to work at Gatwick, agreed they are shite and as for the ticket inspectors being total wankers who never admit to being wrong

I told the ticket inspector about the situation and he just carried on checking tickets and just basically agreed that their trains are a disgrace!

I commute to London 2 or 3 times a week and go to London Bridge but will gladly take a Southern train to East Croydon and change to another Southern train there than take an FCC train. I had to join one today as I was travelling from Balcombe to Brighton and it doesnt appear that Southern stop there!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Overpriced
Late
Infrequent
Unreliable
No longer provides for the rural population

I could go on and on

Personaly i'd say public transport in this country is good because it's safe, But where it lets itself down is trying to run it as a buisness as opposed to providing a service.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personaly i'd say public transport in this country is good because it's safe, But where it lets itself down is trying to run it as a buisness as opposed to providing a service.

I would suggest it may price itself out of the market however with the price of petrol...........

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If the carriage was that bad with fleas then the previous two weeks or so it wasn't reported!!

Even an apology would have gone a long way if it was me

Everything gets reported these days so I really cant imagine FCC would allow a flea infested coach to be running round for 2 weeks untouched.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That is how it should work but does it really in real life?

Fleas wouldn't be that abundent overnight it takes about two weeks

Yeah it does, You'd be surprised how many calls I get in my job from train drivers reporting the slightest little things wrong on they're train, It may appear to the paying public that nothings being done but there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes they never get to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here