Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traveling West on train after game

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Far too many people having wretched experiences with the trains for midweek games unless they live about three miles from the ground. A pre-booked seat on a coach has to be the way forward. Room for some enterprising companies to step into the breach shirley?

Lewes-bound passengers on the train we travelled on were treated to the polite and efficient attention of a former NSC mod who was in charge of the train.

Happy birthday for Wednesday, mate!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Far too many people having wretched experiences with the trains for midweek games unless they live about three miles from the ground. A pre-booked seat on a coach has to be the way forward. Room for some enterprising companies to step into the breach shirley?

Well said mate.

f*** the trains.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

That's one of he main reasons I've been usng Seagull Travel this season.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
That's one of he main reasons I've been usng Seagull Travel this season.

That's fine if it's an option for you, but what if it's not?

In all seriousness I cannot be the only person seriously considering not renewing cause of the awful midweek train situation.

If midweek games are limited to people who live within 10 miles of Brighton (for example) we are seriously limiting our catchment area.

D

Deleted User X18H

I hung around in the 1901 , had three pints of Harveys, discussed how excotic the barmaid was with my mate. Got a free pie type thing, had a nice chat with Dodge, got the late runinng 22:47 back to Brighton went to Sing Li , missed the No 27, but caught the late running 23:02 to Preston Park. Oh yeah Ross Johnson was o the train from Falmer ......he huge!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Getting to the game was a shambles as well. I'm working at Southampton, got caught at Arundel, parked at Lancing station, just missed the 18.00 odd train, the 18.31 was late..... then it turned up with 3 carriages. Got to Brighton, whizzed around to the queue for Falmer, just got on a train after waiting a while, many behind in the queue never got on.....arrived at the ground at 19.41......and the bar was shut....so no chance to neck a quick pint.........phew.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
And 3 hours after leaving the ground I arrive home.

3 hours to travel 45 miles. An average of 15mph.

I could cycle home faster.

Might give that a go next weeknight game.

Absolute f***ing shambles tonight.

Last direct train back to Portsmouth where I live is 2204.

I do a JLE and get to Brighton station by 2150.

Held in a massive queue and not let on train and now have a right effort to get home.

It's enough to make a man pack in his season ticket.

Anyway rant over. Good result and onwards to Palace.

I'd have thought that if your last train leaves without you and you're at the station in good time to catch it,then Shirley the train operator should provide you with a taxi,Shirley?

11:56 from Fareham

Feb 24, 2012
That's fine if it's an option for you, but what if it's not?

In all seriousness I cannot be the only person seriously considering not renewing cause of the awful midweek train situation.

If midweek games are limited to people who live within 10 miles of Brighton (for example) we are seriously limiting our catchment area.

I knkw where you're coming from, getting back to fareham after an evening game is Nye on impossible, lucky I've got family in newhaven so I can crash there overnight, but then its a lot of fuss and time off work/college over the 2days. For thus reasoni gave the game a miss last night as its getting far too much effort for what it is :(

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've cycled from Portslade to Denmead and that took me 3 hours! It's a flat route......:thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Total sympathy. Rather than cycle why not drive? You won't find anywhere close to the stadium to park obviously, but you should could easily find a place within, say, an hour's walk. You'd still be better off time-wise and it won't be NEARLY so frustrating. (Don't do the Park and Ride as waiting for the buses is equally frustrating).

And a big "f*** off you ignorant twats" to anyone who wants to piously spout the old rubbish about "people should use public transport as cars are bad n'kay?". People might be more tempted to use public transport if it f***ing worked - especially for midweek games.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
2 and a half hours to get back to Angmering is a joke and it wasn't much better getting to the ground.
I have been a die hard follower for years but i am seriously considering not renewing my ST for next season and only attending the weekend games.
It is no fun when you have to be up at 05.00am for work the same morning.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
I also had issues with the trains last night and i left the ground on 85 mins (before anyone moans about early leavers, they should understand the travel issues for midweek games!). The clubs gets you to Brighton and then dumps you. There's simply not enough or large enough trains going west!!

There's only one park & ride west of Brighton which doesn't help!

Is the club aware of this? Do they have a travel committee we can complain to / discuss?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Total sympathy. Rather than cycle why not drive? You won't find anywhere close to the stadium to park obviously, but you should could easily find a place within, say, an hour's walk. You'd still be better off time-wise and it won't be NEARLY so frustrating. (Don't do the Park and Ride as waiting for the buses is equally frustrating).

And a big "f*** off you ignorant twats" to anyone who wants to piously spout the old rubbish about "people should use public transport as cars are bad n'kay?". People might be more tempted to use public transport if it f***ing worked - especially for midweek games.

Very Much This - I travel from Bognor, normally 3/4 of us in a car and (shock) park in Coldean obv not near the Hikers Rest but sensibly in adjacent roads not blocking drives etc and then we walk 20-30mins to the AMEX (often via the All in One to get some Chips). Have tried P&R and Racecoursce was best but was taking us further away from the ground in the wrong direction and the walk both ways is good for us. Left the match last night after final whistle and was back home by 11.05 pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here