Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traveling West on train after game

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Absolute f***ing shambles tonight.

Last direct train back to Portsmouth where I live is 2204.

I do a JLE and get to Brighton station by 2150.

Held in a massive queue and not let on train and now have a right effort to get home.

It's enough to make a man pack in his season ticket.

Anyway rant over. Good result and onwards to Palace.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i tried to get down from bucks - M25 closed!!! no chance of making it. anyway happy with the 3 points and, as you say, onwards to palace

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I got to Brighton at 21.52 and made it on that train , southern being a bit arsy at first saying there's hardly any room then when they finally opened fate we get there and there was all the standing room free, still was room when it left Brighton

Feb 14, 2010
I got to Brighton at 21.52 and made it on that train , southern being a bit arsy at first saying there's hardly any room then when they finally opened fate we get there and there was all the standing room free, still was room when it left Brighton

Report it to the company and ask that they ask the staff on duty explain themselves if true and ask that they get back to you with their reasons.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

I was right at the front when they stopped people getting on.

Absolute joke. Then when eventually got to Hove the twats didn't know which platform the Westbound train was causing a massive rush and a scrum when we discovered it was 3 and not 1.

Amazing levels of incompetence.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The signs are all up the shoot, this train keeps saying we are at hove and Brighton is next stop.

I would complain to them for you but I've had a go at them so many times on twitter they ignore me now, bastards

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Not sure what good complaining will do.

Every time I catch a train to an evening game I have the same problem. Time to think up an alternative.

Was also right at front and have to say spot on! Just getting off the bognor train now, which is the one they couldn't work out which platform was going to at Hove. Total shambles and as you say the amount let through to the Portsmouth train looked minuscule yet the twat at the gate was saying it was full. Didn't even bother sending anyone to check just assumed it was full to burst.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Now replacement bus service from Chichester to Havant. Not sure what happens after that.

You couldn't make it up.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Absolute f***ing shambles tonight.

Last direct train back to Portsmouth where I live is 2204.

I do a JLE and get to Brighton station by 2150.

Held in a massive queue and not let on train and now have a right effort to get home.

It's enough to make a man pack in his season ticket.

Anyway rant over. Good result and onwards to Palace.

What did you do ? The next train to Chichester was cancelled too ! It's now 22.50 and I am still at Brighton station sitting on a train, and I only want to go to worthing

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Now replacement bus service from Chichester to Havant. Not sure what happens after that.

You couldn't make it up.

Surely if you were refused entry to a train, it isnt your fault so the company needs to provide onward travel ? Might be trains from Havant to Portsmouth though.

Ive made a few complaints about trains not leaving full up, never have got a reply so no point. All down to the staff on the platform not actually walking along the platform checking for spaces - may take a tiny bit longer, but more people could actually get on !!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
What did you do ? The next train to Chichester was cancelled too ! It's now 22.50 and I am still at Brighton station sitting on a train, and I only want to go to worthing

Managed to get to Hove.

Changed there for Barnham.

Then change again for Chichester then a replacement bus to Fratton.

Simples

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No trains between Chichester and Havant due to a broken down train - you will be able to get compensation if you are over 30 minutes late home.

Thought it was planned work, but it isnt.

rowtnorthstand

Nov 25, 2012
Shoreham By Sea
Im not sure why they don't just use their noddles and open one carriage at a time, furthest point of the train first etc, they can open the bloody door or close them when we don't want them too!!!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
10.03 heading West to Worthing etc left Brighton with empty seats - yet they didn't let everyone get on it. Nearly didn't let me and a whole bunch of others on it either, saying it was pretty full. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here