Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
I would be really grateful if a few people on here that have travelled to the Amex on more occassions than myself, could explain what my options are when travelling from Haywards Heath to the Amex.

1 - The Train - this seems ball ache to say the least. Not so bad getting to the game but of course getting back is pretty horrid. Yes, staying behind after is an option but when there is a need to get up early for work the next morning i would prefer to get back at a more reasonable time than midnight. Even if you leave on the whistle there is a 40 minute wait in the queue which feels like a scene out of 'War of the Worlds' or 'Titanic'!

2 - Park & Ride - have not tried it but perhaps will if it proves a better option. Is it anyone? Am i corrrect in thinking that there is a huge queue to get on the bus?

3 - Driving & Parking - Again, i have grabbed a cheeky lift with a friend who has parked in the Uni. But i am not sure how much this costs or if there are other car parks that are withing walking distance?

4 - Coach - Is there an option to jump on a coach from anywhere and return to the same point?

A detailed response with my options would be hugely appreciated

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Train is best just change a Lewes - simples

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Usually I catch the train to and from the stadium. There are queues but to be fair they move quite quickly and you shouldn't be waiting for more than 40 minutes or so. After the Sheffield game I saw the queue and thought f*** that and decided to take a walk into town. Got to the bus stop just outside the car park and managed to squeeze on a full bus (he was only taking 3 more people.)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Train is best just change a Lewes - simples

Weekend games yes, night games there was still a massive queue once the B'ton queue had gone on Friday night - mainly I might add to stupid fans and the fact that platform staff don't clear the platform of fans as each train comes in

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Trains are fine nowadays, not that long a wait. Get the train to Hassocks, then 50 min drive home to South London, home before midnight for midweek games.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I would be really grateful if a few people on here that have travelled to the Amex on more occassions than myself, could explain what my options are when travelling from Haywards Heath to the Amex.

1 - The Train - this seems ball ache to say the least. Not so bad getting to the game but of course getting back is pretty horrid. Yes, staying behind after is an option but when there is a need to get up early for work the next morning i would prefer to get back at a more reasonable time than midnight. Even if you leave on the whistle there is a 40 minute wait in the queue which feels like a scene out of 'War of the Worlds' or 'Titanic'!

2 - Park & Ride - have not tried it but perhaps will if it proves a better option. Is it anyone? Am i corrrect in thinking that there is a huge queue to get on the bus?

3 - Driving & Parking - Again, i have grabbed a cheeky lift with a friend who has parked in the Uni. But i am not sure how much this costs or if there are other car parks that are withing walking distance?

4 - Coach - Is there an option to jump on a coach from anywhere and return to the same point?

A detailed response with my options would be hugely appreciated

Any particular reason you can't do the research yourself? :shrug:

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
Any particular reason you can't do the research yourself? :shrug:

Thanks smart arse. I have researched my options - hence outlining them in the post.

I was wondering what option is best and whether or not i have missed a trick!?

I thought, being a forum i would ask whether people who have tried all the options would share their experiences.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
5 - Hire a plane and parachute in, would cause issues for the return journey.

6 - Horse & cart, may take a while, but the views will be breathtaking over the beacon, and will really annoy some car drivers on here. I think Frankel might be busy, but I'm sure one of the local trainers will have a couple of thoroughbreds you can use.

7 - Teleportation - Only downside of this is you have to invent it before the next game.

I hope these responses are detailed enough for you.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks smart arse. I have researched my options - hence outlining them in the post.

I was wondering what option is best and whether or not i have missed a trick!?

I thought, being a forum i would ask whether people who have tried all the options would share their experiences.

There's a difference between coming on NSC to try and get some slightly more particular help like with a legal issue as people have done in the past and starting a thread asking how to clean an oven, get a train from Brighton to London or how to travel to the Amex, they're not complicated things in the slightest.

8 - Helicopter, the playing field right next to the stadium could be used, alternatively you could land on the pitch but then you'd probably have to get there quite early and leave a bit later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here