Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel vouchers... actually worth getting?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well judging by the amount of people who report getting twice as many books as they originally ordered I would suggest yours were sent out . . . just to someone else instead!

I know. You just can't trust casual labour these days. Just like when students uses to do Xmas post and ended up reposting stuff in post boxes

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Anyone find that Mill Road is difficult to park at now. Have used park and ride there for 10 years, but guess these are really busy now, and don't want to run the risk of turning up and it being full.

Recommendations please:
train from Durrington, or P&R?

How far out can the travel vouchers be used. I'm getting the train in from Rye, would the vouchers be of any benefit to me at all?

I think the edge of the travel zone for rail to the east is seaford, so you would need to buy a ticket from Rye to Seaford and then use the travel voucher for the remainder of the journey.

The edge of the travel zone for trains from Rye is Lewes (not Seaford). So you can only use your travel voucher between Lewes and Falmer.

The return fare from Rye to Lewes on a Saturday train with a Network Railcard is £6.90 (bought online). Add your £1 Travel Voucher and the cost is £7.90.

Alternatively, buy a return rail ticket from Rye to Falmer and the cost is £7.35.

Conclusion ... DON'T USE A TRAVEL VOUCHER IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING FROM RYE - it's more expensive to use it than paying just the rail fare.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
which is true if you have a paper match ticket which has travel vouchers attached to it when you buy it.. but season tickets are now plastic smartcards rather than books of tickets and don't have the travel voucher included, so STHs' need to either purchase a travel voucher from the club or pay the full whack for travel to and from the stadium

So if you buy a one off ticket, there is still a travel voucher attatched as per Withdean?

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Alternatively, buy a return rail ticket from Rye to Falmer and the cost is £7.35

Many thanks for the info but can I ask where you got these fares from. With a standard network card I was told by Rye station it would be £10.90 return for myself and my son (my son's ticket costing £1). Using National Rail enquiries website the fare is also £10.90 but using the Southern website the cost comes in at £12.90.

It's been 20+ years since I last used the train and don't want to be missing anything that gives me a cheaper price.

Many thanks for the info but can I ask where you got these fares from. With a standard network card I was told by Rye station it would be £10.90 return for myself and my son (my son's ticket costing £1). Using National Rail enquiries website the fare is also £10.90 but using the Southern website the cost comes in at £12.90.

It's been 20+ years since I last used the train and don't want to be missing anything that gives me a cheaper price.
The £7.35 fare I quoted was for just one adult, using a Network Railcard, and was what came up on the Southern website for a journey from Rye to Falmer next Saturday. When I added a child, I got the same £12.90 deal that you found.

The quirkiness of rail pricing, eh? I experience this all the time, when I "shop around".

I won't mention the particularly good deal I use regularly that enables me to use a railcard AND an off-peak day return ticket, for a journey that involves a weekday morning peak hour journey into central London. If I do, someone will no doubt come along and "fix" the website.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Was in the Queen Road shop today, asked about my vouchers and told a load were being posted tonight

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
For me using the bus, train or P&R without buying the vouchers is little more than theft/fare dodging

quite a ridiculous statement when the train station officials have ben actively telling people to not buy tickets at every match so far. Knowing that's the case, why would I buy vouchers until I need to?

Will get the vouchers when I get round to it though.

Last edited:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Anyone find that Mill Road is difficult to park at now. Have used park and ride there for 10 years, but guess these are really busy now, and don't want to run the risk of turning up and it being full.

Recommendations please:
train from Durrington, or P&R?
Living in Durrington I use train for Saturday games when going to the pub and now use P&R from Mithras House for evening games - works fine as I was home at 10:30 aftr the Gillingham game.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I bought 4 for the Blackpool game this morning. We're using Mill Road park and ride, so thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here