Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel announcement ?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
They announced that there was a limited train service both ways from 2230hrs. Did cause panic and lots left including myself so missed the last ten minutes. If it had gone to penalties the place would have been virtually empty. Total shambles.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
They announced that there was a limited train service both ways from 2230hrs. Did cause panic and lots left including myself so missed the last ten minutes. If it had gone to penalties the place would have been virtually empty. Total shambles.

Disagree, still plenty of people left at the end

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't think it caused any panic. All they said was 'reduced capacity' on the trains. Most people I think just assumed that meant there might be a bit of a wait - not that they'd never get home.

Plus, by letting people know, they gave fans and those who maybe aren't big fans the option to beat the queues - thereby also reducing the load on the trains at the end.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Don't think it caused any panic. All they said was 'reduced capacity' on the trains. Most people I think just assumed that meant there might be a bit of a wait - not that they'd never get home.

Plus, by letting people know, they gave fans and those who maybe aren't big fans the option to beat the queues - thereby also reducing the load on the trains at the end.

LOL, if ever there was a post to start an argument this is it!! Quality!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
LOL, if ever there was a post to start an argument this is it!! Quality!!

I'm not doubting that some of the people that left were fans who would rather have stayed. Just pointing out that there seem to be a fair few newcomers for these League Cup games especially who, not being Albion through and through, may have decided to head off a bit earlier. Obviously, the fact there were less trains is pretty bloody stupid but in the circumstances what else could the club do? There would have been a lot more aggro if they hadn't told people at all and they'd all found out in the train queue. It allowed people who had other options - like me - to choose a different route home, therefore easing the congestion on the trains.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
For those that live out of the city the journey home after midweek matches is pretty tortuous especially if you've work the next day. I had to leave at full time to ensure getting home. God above knows what travel will be like for palace, Millwall. Cardiff and Leeds

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
what was fun was those peeps getting up to go home at 90 mins until the announcer sed..now ther is extra time and watching them all sheepishly returning to there seats lol

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It seems that after 10.30 the trains only have 3 carriages. This shouldn't affect most evening games - only those cup matches that go to extra time. Still not good enough though.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One thing for the people that did leave early. If you're going, go. If you're not, stay in your seat. Don't stand in the bloody aisles so people can't see. The stewards need to get on top of that.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England

this, it was all very sensible, well done the club for this announcement

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I was a bit worried when they announced it and left as soon as the final whistle went but couldnt believe they would leave several thousand fans at the station with no trains. Only waited for about 10 minutes and the trains seemed to be coming in regularly so im not sure why they made the announcement anyway it just caused panic around me and lots of people left before the end.

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
I'm not doubting that some of the people that left were fans who would rather have stayed. Just pointing out that there seem to be a fair few newcomers for these League Cup games especially who, not being Albion through and through, may have decided to head off a bit earlier. Obviously, the fact there were less trains is pretty bloody stupid but in the circumstances what else could the club do? There would have been a lot more aggro if they hadn't told people at all and they'd all found out in the train queue. It allowed people who had other options - like me - to choose a different route home, therefore easing the congestion on the trains.

Good of the club to at least mention it, and I think they did the same announcement prior to kick off.

As for newcomers at these league cup games....Brighton through and through 20 years, just can't afford a season ticket so I'm limited to what matches I can get to. Don't think that makes me any less of a fan though.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
What was strange is that they made the announcement then redirected the london train to brighton via falmer and delayed the last obvious train (arrived 2257) to ensure that everyone got into brighton and that train had at least 250 carriages on it (only 8 were used tho')

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son and his GF went from Falmer to Lewes but by the time they arrived they had missed the last train to Haywards Heath and was told that he had to go to Brighton and then to HH so I diverted on my journey from Mithras House to Lewes to pick them up. Knowing this about the trains and that the game could go to extra time and penalties why didn't they have a 7.00 pm or 7.15 Kick Off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here