Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Advice: Driving to Lewes and taking train to Amex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lewes has been fine up until Friday when it was a joke (likewise the times I've come from Brighton have been fine up until Tuesday).

Why they have introduced this queuing policy now is beyond me. It's worked perfectly well up until now.

The police haven't been involved up until now at Lewes and it's ran fine. Guess for lower priority games it will be ok. For the higher priority games I'd suggest sticking to the bus or getting a cab.

Can't really comment about coming back as we've always hung about for a beer post game up to now.

Never had a problem at Lewes, although we leave Bexhill by car at just before 5 and get either the 17:44 or the one ten minutes later - was it the later trains that had queueing problems?

From what I heard on Friday, they did introduce a queueing arrangement outside Lewes station that held people back for a while. But this must have been after we arrived at 6.40pm - when it was perfectly possible to arrive at the station entrance, walk straight on to the platform and get on board a train with seats available in the front carriage.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Lewes looks a good option then for leaving Chi around 6 by the sounds of it...should get to Lewes for around 6.45/7. Thanks for all advice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here