Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport manager - clueless

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This very incomplete and alarmist message was tweeted by the BHAFC Transport manager earlier this afternoon. Seriously, what is the point of even bothering if you can't relay the whole story? What sort of 'beating' from councillors? And we haven't been warned, because we don't know.

Resisting the urge to assume it's yet another capitulation to unreasonable resident demands rather than actually the club fighting for fans until all the facts are in, could the individual responsible actually expand on the tweet so it makes sense and people a) don't go where they shouldn't, and b) don't get tickets, but c) can park there as usual if allowed without this sort of scaremongering.

Maybe it's buried on the club site somewhere, but I can't find it.

[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION]transportTransport Manager

Taken another beating from local councillors over parking in Moulsecoomb & Coldean. Don't say you were warned if you get a ticket this w/e!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Strange tweet given there's plenty of opportunity to park legally around there and therefore no justification for a ticket.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This very incomplete and alarmist message was tweeted by the BHAFC Transport manager earlier this afternoon. Seriously, what is the point of even bothering if you can't relay the whole story? What sort of 'beating' from councillors? And we haven't been warned, because we don't know.

Resisting the urge to assume it's yet another capitulation to unreasonable resident demands rather than actually the club fighting for fans until all the facts are in, could the individual responsible actually expand on the tweet so it makes sense and people a) don't go where they shouldn't, and b) don't get tickets, but c) can park there as usual if allowed without this sort of scaremongering.

Maybe it's buried on the club site somewhere, but I can't find it.

[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION]transportTransport Manager

Taken another beating from local councillors over parking in Moulsecoomb & Coldean. Don't say you were warned if you get a ticket this w/e!

Have to say the quoted 'tweet' was not too great on the spelling criteria.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It may not be illegal to park around Moulsecoomb & Coldean but surely can't be helping our quest to expand the stadium?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it because the local councillors expect it to be carnage on the streets of Coldean and Moulsecoomb because we are playing Newcastle ? It appears to me that the areas will be blanketed by parking enforcement officers issuing tickets to vehicle owners breaking the law. The council must be rubbing their hands together at the thought of the additional revenue from resident parking permits when these 2 estates are zoned.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Listen, if there has been a change, however ridiculous and unhelpful ultimately I may feel that is, I just want to know about it. And I want to know about it BEFORE I get a ticket because if I've spent coming to support the club £25 on a ticket, £6 on food and drink, £20 to get there and £3 on a programme, I can't afford another £60 for no reason.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
you're only going to get a ticket if you park illegally, this is an easy one, just don't park illegally, and no-one will get a ticket, B&H Council traffic wardens will be wasting their own time patrolling the area.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No, it definitely doesn't.

Sorry but legal parking will not harm our planning application - if it were cited in any way it would be immediate grounds for an appeal should the application be rejected. Doing something which is legal is what authorities are supposed to promote. If they want to make parking in certain areas on matchdays illegal they can apply for/impose temporary parking restrictions or even opt for resident permit parking only - the ball is very much in their court.

Of course if people are parking illegally they will be liable to sanctions but that is no different in areas around the ground to anywhere else. My suspicion is that it is people parking perfectly legally who are viewed as a "problem" by a vocal minority of local residents and their council representatives in which case the nature of that tweet is frankly unprofessional and borderline out of order.

rant over

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sorry but legal parking will not harm our planning application - if it were cited in any way it would be immediate grounds for an appeal should the application be rejected. Doing something which is legal is what authorities are supposed to promote. If they want to make parking in certain areas on matchdays illegal they can apply for/impose temporary parking restrictions or even opt for resident permit parking only - the ball is very much in their court.

Of course if people are parking illegally they will be liable to sanctions but that is no different in areas around the ground to anywhere else. My suspicion is that it is people parking perfectly legally who are viewed as a "problem" by a vocal minority of local residents and their council representatives in which case the nature of that tweet is frankly unprofessional and borderline out of order.

rant over

Its not an argument of whether its legal or illegal its an argument on whether it has an impact on the amenities of the local residents due to matters like noise and air quality. If the Stadium as is currently is being seen as having an unacceptable impact on its neightbours then we are going to find it difficult to get planning permission extend it and presumably make that impact worse.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is the vocal minority of local residents who will f*** it up for everyone when they introduce residential parking permits.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Listen, if there has been a change, however ridiculous and unhelpful ultimately I may feel that is, I just want to know about it. And I want to know about it BEFORE I get a ticket because if I've spent coming to support the club £25 on a ticket, £6 on food and drink, £20 to get there and £3 on a programme, I can't afford another £60 for no reason.

The only reason for this, is because there was an incident in Eggington close (off of Luacruft Rd) where vehicles parked there, stopped an ambulance getting through. It has been posted on here before, and in this case it was right that the old bill got the offending cars towed. But park legally and you will have no worries.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

rant over

I don't think this is true - As I understand it a development reducing on street parking availability beyond a 'reasonable level' is a valid reason for objection. Certainly a business that is a neighbour of mine had to produce evidence that this would not be the case (I wasn't an objector, this was a pre-requisite of the application).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I should imagine Brighton are on the greenest clubs in the country out of London for supporters using Public Transport to get to the game?

Yes, something like 60%+ use pubilc transport or walking or cycling where the average across the country is 20-30%. The exact figures are in the Transport Assessment on the planning file for the Stadium expansion.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't think this is true - As I understand it a development reducing on street parking availability beyond a 'reasonable level' is a valid reason for objection. Certainly a business that is a neighbour of mine had to produce evidence that this would not be the case (I wasn't an objector, this was a pre-requisite of the application).

But there is absolutely no indication (and almost no possibility) that availability of sufficient parking space for residents is in any way compromised. If there are legal spaces available people are entitled to park. This will not be materially effected by the increases proposed and the current levels of on street parking could have and should have been readily forseen at the initial granting of planning permission. If there is an issue it is easily resolvable by the council using their existing day to day powers. IF there is a problem........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here