Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer window.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Jakub Moder is injured (ACL) and will be out for another couple of months but was a starter before that.

Karbownik is doing very well in the German second division but probably a fair bit from PL standard and likely to get shipped in the summer.

Koswloski is playing with Vitesse on loan and doing very well over there and could perhaps be part of the squad next year though another loan somewhere seems equally likely.
Re Kozlowski, where have you heard that his performances have been good? I have tried to keep tabs on him, but with little luck. This is a player who he allegedly paid c £8m for, and he's obviously seen as a great prospect but I haven't heard that much about him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Re Kozlowski, where have you heard that his performances have been good? I have tried to keep tabs on him, but with little luck. This is a player who he allegedly paid c £8m for, and he's obviously seen as a great prospect but I haven't heard that much about him.
I watch a bit of Eredivise myself and he's clearly one of their better players technichally speaking (which doesn't say too much as they're shite).

He has a bit of a young-player-syndrome in the sense though that he is either one of their best players or, when he is bad, one of - if not the - worst in their team.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I watch a bit of Eredivise myself and he's clearly one of their better players technichally speaking (which doesn't say too much as they're shite).

He has a bit of a young-player-syndrome in the sense though that he is either one of their best players or, when he is bad, one of - if not the - worst in their team.
Also watch bits and pieces of Eredivisie and it really is a poor level of football. It’s “technical” (slow). It’s no wonder very average players score hatfuls of goals there then completely fail in England (Locadia, Jahanbaksh, Kezman, Alfonso Alves, Altidore).

Modern Brighton under De Zerbi would win that league.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With Buonanotte (who I think could see first team football straight away) coming in, I think it would be less costly to move March there when needed. Don't think we'll see a new LWB.
March as a LWB I think we could live with - but March as a LB in a back four? I don't think so. As a straightforward LB I think maybe Colwill could do a job.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Also watch bits and pieces of Eredivisie and it really is a poor level of football. It’s “technical” (slow). It’s no wonder very average players score hatfuls of goals there then completely fail in England (Locadia, Jahanbaksh, Kezman, Alfonso Alves, Altidore).

Modern Brighton under De Zerbi would win that league.
Would probably win it with Hughton or Potter as well, the odd year aside when Ajax manage to assemble a dirty team.
It is not a great league but very attacking and you can always find good players there though it is a bit of a lottery. Sure, there's the Locadias and Altidores... but there's also the Van Nistelrooys, Suarez(es) and Van Persies.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would love the club to ask Chelsea how much they want for Colwill and just pay it. Yes we would have to smash our transfer record but he is a class act and could be at the centre of our defence for years. Dunk is getting older, Webster is not the most reliable in terms of injuries and Colwill already knows how we like to play. We won’t find better even in the summer.
Wouldn't want to just pay Chelsea whatever they want. Thankfully that is not our way. But if they are after any more of our players Colwill coming the other way for £10M or so has to be part of the deal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think RDZ wants some incomings and I think the club will back him. There might also be some surprising outgoings too. Let’s look at each position:

GK:
We have the bodies but have no one to put pressure on Sanchez. This is not too much of a problem until he gets injured or suspended. I don’t think we’ll spend big money on a new No.2 in January though.

RB:
RDZ has Veltman, Lamptey and now Groß. We’re well stocked there.

LB:
Pervis has made this position his own but if he gets injured/suspended, we’re scraping about with Lamptey, Colwill or even March. Not ideal. If this is not fixed in January, I’d expect it to be fixed in the summer. RDZ will want a close look at Karbo.

CB:
The rumour is that Mykola Matvienko might be a target. With Colwill almost certain to go back to Chelsea permanently next summer, we really do need a left footed CB to finally replace Burn. I think we might splurge as much as £20m on this fella.

DM/PIVOT:
I worry that Caicedo won’t be here too long. It‘ll be tough to keep him in 2023. Hopefully we get someone with his energy and dynamism in soon. Cifuentes fits that mould and could be the man. In term of the deep lying play maker role that Mac plays, we have Groß and Lallana who are good at this. Gilmour has the potential to be equally as adept so we’re quite well stocked.

AM
Lallana has been playing this role well but there are plenty of options for RDZ to try including Sarmiento and Moder (when fit) but perhaps he’ll start playing Mac there soon? Alzate is another option but it seems that we can’t get him back unless his loan club agrees. I think it’ll be way soon to see minutes from Goodnight but I wouldn’t be surprised to see another 17/18 year old attacking prospect signed. Maybe Scholes Samosa?

WINGER:
March and Mitoma are doing very well at the moment. However, if the right player came along, I’m sure RDZ is much keener on this position than Potter was. Again, it would be no surprise to see an Wonderkid being signed but perhaps not getting many minutes. Chile’s Dario Osorio is the player we’re often linked with. It’d be no surprise to see us swoop for him.

STRIKER:
With Fofana to Chelsea, I think our main target has gone. Perhaps we’ll nab another prospect no one has head of but we won’t be signing Ramos as he is well out of reach now in terms of valuation. However, we will be in trouble if someone (Newcastle) makes an offer we can’t refuse for Trossard. It’d need to be north of £40m but I think TB would take that. It would then leave us with Welbeck (too injured), Ferguson (too young) and Undav (too crap). Perhaps we could pick up a another quality forward coming to the end of their contract such as Youssoufa Moukoko. It may well cost us most of the Tross booty but would be necessary if we want to stay in the top 10.

In summary, I think we’re likely to see 5 players signed as the club picks up a couple of wonderkids (including Goodnight) along with the Ukrainian CB, the Ecudorian midfielder and perhaps a surprise.

However, I believe we’ll lose one of Trossard, Mac or Caicedo to a ridiculous offer we won’t be able to refuse. I think there might be some loan moves for some of Undav, Enciso, Ferguson, Gilmour or Sarmiento too in order to gain them much needed minutes.

All in all, I think a busy January is coming (cue no transfers in or out!).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wouldn't want to just pay Chelsea whatever they want. Thankfully that is not our way. But if they are after any more of our players Colwill coming the other way for £10M or so has to be part of the deal.
I think we tried this with Cucu. It may have been £20m+ for Colwill ‘coming the other way’. The club refused.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think we will get a 60m striker who will score 20 goals in the remaining part of the season. He (or she) will fall in love with us and never leave.
Or they...

#Woke

:lol:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we tried this with Cucu. It may have been £20m+ for Colwill ‘coming the other way’. The club refused.
Fairy 'nuff - time to play real hard-ball ths time!

(Although, with hindsight, taking Colwill for £20M knocked off the £62M paid for Cucu might not have been such a bad idea!)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think RDZ wants some incomings and I think the club will back him. There might also be some surprising outgoings too. Let’s look at each position:

GK:
We have the bodies but have no one to put pressure on Sanchez. This is not too much of a problem until he gets injured or suspended. I don’t think we’ll spend big money on a new No.2 in January though.

RB:
RDZ has Veltman, Lamptey and now Groß. We’re well stocked there.

LB:
Pervis has made this position his own but if he gets injured/suspended, we’re scraping about with Lamptey, Colwill or even March. Not ideal. If this is not fixed in January, I’d expect it to be fixed in the summer. RDZ will want a close look at Karbo.

CB:
The rumour is that Mykola Matvienko might be a target. With Colwill almost certain to go back to Chelsea permanently next summer, we really do need a left footed CB to finally replace Burn. I think we might splurge as much as £20m on this fella.

DM/PIVOT:
I worry that Caicedo won’t be here too long. It‘ll be tough to keep him in 2023. Hopefully we get someone with his energy and dynamism in soon. Cifuentes fits that mould and could be the man. In term of the deep lying play maker role that Mac plays, we have Groß and Lallana who are good at this. Gilmour has the potential to be equally as adept so we’re quite well stocked.

AM
Lallana has been playing this role well but there are plenty of options for RDZ to try including Sarmiento and Moder (when fit) but perhaps he’ll start playing Mac there soon? Alzate is another option but it seems that we can’t get him back unless his loan club agrees. I think it’ll be way soon to see minutes from Goodnight but I wouldn’t be surprised to see another 17/18 year old attacking prospect signed. Maybe Scholes Samosa?

WINGER:
March and Mitoma are doing very well at the moment. However, if the right player came along, I’m sure RDZ is much keener on this position than Potter was. Again, it would be no surprise to see an Wonderkid being signed but perhaps not getting many minutes. Chile’s Dario Osorio is the player we’re often linked with. It’d be no surprise to see us swoop for him.

STRIKER:
With Fofana to Chelsea, I think our main target has gone. Perhaps we’ll nab another prospect no one has head of but we won’t be signing Ramos as he is well out of reach now in terms of valuation. However, we will be in trouble if someone (Newcastle) makes an offer we can’t refuse for Trossard. It’d need to be north of £40m but I think TB would take that. It would then leave us with Welbeck (too injured), Ferguson (too young) and Undav (too crap). Perhaps we could pick up a another quality forward coming to the end of their contract such as Youssoufa Moukoko. It may well cost us most of the Tross booty but would be necessary if we want to stay in the top 10.

In summary, I think we’re likely to see 5 players signed as the club picks up a couple of wonderkids (including Goodnight) along with the Ukrainian CB, the Ecudorian midfielder and perhaps a surprise.

However, I believe we’ll lose one of Trossard, Mac or Caicedo to a ridiculous offer we won’t be able to refuse. I think there might be some loan moves for some of Undav, Enciso, Ferguson, Gilmour or Sarmiento too in order to gain them much needed minutes.

All in all, I think a busy January is coming (cue no transfers in or out!).

Facundo Buonanotte is our new AM prospect.

As for a striker, I'd love us to sign Enner Valencia for a couple of seasons, he and Welbeck could job share.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My prediction is there will be much harrumphing on the socials when the club announce a signing and it turns out to be for the women’s or development teams
Mystic Meg has got nothing on you, has she?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would love the club to ask Chelsea how much they want for Colwill and just pay it. Yes we would have to smash our transfer record but he is a class act and could be at the centre of our defence for years. Dunk is getting older, Webster is not the most reliable in terms of injuries and Colwill already knows how we like to play. We won’t find better even in the summer.
Totally agree. If we want a left sided CB, good age, can play this system, he has to be number one choice given he is already here. I'd just offer them 30 million straight off the bat. Sometimes it's a risk, this one is a no brainer. If he's happy here he'll come. We know we have the money. Just get this one done.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Personally, I would like Barber to make a public announcement that none of our first team players will be sold in this transfer window, regardless of offers, so that all the speculation can stop.
Then we can go and buy the next 16 year old Chilean boy wonder midfielder for £2.79 and the 18 year old Peruvian winger for 6 pints of Harveys and have our replacements lined up for the inevitable sales in the Summer.

Oh and not forgetting a striker,who we fail to sign on the last day of the transfer window.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Totally agree. If we want a left sided CB, good age, can play this system, he has to be number one choice given he is already here. I'd just offer them 30 million straight off the bat. Sometimes it's a risk, this one is a no brainer. If he's happy here he'll come. We know we have the money. Just get this one done.
Based on..?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Romano has tweeted that an unnamed premier league club has approached Sassuolo about signing Davide Frattesi. A 23 CM who can play as an AM and is a current Italian international.

If we were to loose either Mac or Moises then…

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Romano has tweeted that an unnamed premier league club has approached Sassuolo about signing Davide Frattesi. A 23 CM who can play as an AM and is a current Italian international.

If we were to loose either Mac or Moises then…
Or to replace the Mwepu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here