Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer window musings: Poyet wants Premier League striker loan

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Santa Cruz is the only one I would really be happy with out of that lot. The rest are all wildcards, with the exception of Bebe who is a guaranteed flop.

I still live in the hope that the club is working to bring Bobby Z back on loan...

according to mark hughes Zamora very much in his plans for this season - just cant see him coming back here soon on any level.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For me the one he would bring in is Harry Kane at Tottenham. Did well at Millwall on loan, right wage bracket, if Spurs bring in another forward this week could be available...

AVB said two weeks ago that Kane is his number three striker this season and he likes to have a young forward around to challenge the established players. So barring a big signing at Spurs this week Kane will be staying there.

ole ole ole vicente

Aug 6, 2012
Cant See us getting of these, heskey is doing the rounds again, And Mio plausible. Church is another poss And he is def available. Watch This space

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That rumours site gets worse. We've now been linked with Real Madrid striker Joselu on loan

...............who signed for 1899 Hoffenheim on 8th August:facepalm:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I'm quite surprised that Gus's links with Spurs & Chelsea have not resulted in a loan of a decent up and coming young striker looking for first team experience.

What happened to our links with Arsenal as well ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm quite surprised that Gus's links with Spurs & Chelsea have not resulted in a loan of a decent up and coming young striker looking for first team experience.

What happened to our links with Arsenal as well ?

Links with Arsenal = fiction and spin...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gavin Hoyte & Rami Shaaban ?

Valur Gislason. I think that Arsenal thought it would be a laugh to send us their worst players, Seems that at last we may have rumbled them. Shame we used to get some good loans from them in the Goldstone days. Bizarrely we got the shit ones after Brady went there

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Any chance we can go back to Man City and loan John Guidetti for the rest of the season?

1 cap for Sweden at 20 years old. 6ft 1", and scored 20 in 23 on loan at Feynoord last season.

Can't see him getting anywhere near the first team in the short term with all that talent ahead of him in the pecking order.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
any chance we can go back to man city and loan john guidetti for the rest of the season?

1 cap for sweden at 20 years old. 6ft 1", and scored 20 in 23 on loan at feynoord last season.

Can't see him getting anywhere near the first team in the short term with all that talent ahead of him in the pecking order.

yes, yes, yes.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Any chance we can go back to Man City and loan John Guidetti for the rest of the season?

1 cap for Sweden at 20 years old. 6ft 1", and scored 20 in 23 on loan at Feynoord last season.

Man City REALLY rate him apparently. I would be suprised if they would loan him anywhere other than a top flight team (be it in Spain or Holland).

I like the idea of Victor Anichebe though I would imagine Moyes wont want to let him go as they are not blessed in terms of numbers of strikers.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anichebe would be mustard given a run in the side but i reckon he's too close to the Everton first team for it to happen unfortunately. He crossed my mind when there was a shot of him on the bench at the weekend.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I think all of them could be interesting - they would certainly give us more than we currently have. Another name to throw in the mix would be Nathan Ecclestone. Similar to Harry Kane, not quite 1st team yet at Liverpool, but almost certainly will be in 2 or 3 years time. Worth giving a run out at a lower level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here