Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

transfer targets.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I thought that he looked quite good for us and would play well with Dicker as him being the holding midfielder and allowing Dicker to get forward more.

Dicker is a DM isn't he? ???
Neil Kilkenny would be my choice if we could prize him away from Leeds, Or A Proven Creative midfielder at this level/ Higher.:drink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rob Jones , 29 , 6' 7" defender , leaving Hibs but will probably go to Forest for £1M.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Damian Spencer free transfer striker back up plan if Owusu doesn't sign.
Big strong black striker Slade tried to sign for Yeovil, been released by Cheltenham due to expense of wages, on Loan at Brentofrd last season.

petelucas

Jun 4, 2008
some one on the argus website has written in the comments that we've bid 150k for Grant Holt at Shrewsbury anybody else know about it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
some one on the argus website has written in the comments that we've bid 150k for Grant Holt at Shrewsbury anybody else know about it?

You always get speculation at this time of year. Rumours abound so I wouldn't put too much stock in this one.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
David Connelly been released from Sunderland,,,,could do a job if fit and only 31...always liked him as player,and most of his early days spent in the south.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
David Connelly been released from Sunderland,,,,could do a job if fit and only 31...always liked him as player,and most of his early days spent in the south.

What position does he play?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is it just me or is this close season a bit dull? I know its early but nothing (bar the BIG news obviously) is happening and the rumours are all a bit rubbish one player doesn't seem to be coming up again and again

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I am not convinced Connelly is the right type of striker. If we don't sign Owusu I think we should get a direct replacement for him so a target man as none of our strikers offer that (I know Murray and Davies are tallish but neither are natural target men). Even if this player is a sub it would give us options to change things if we are behind in the second half rather than just a like for like sub.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Is it just me or is this close season a bit dull? I know its early but nothing (bar the BIG news obviously) is happening and the rumours are all a bit rubbish one player doesn't seem to be coming up again and again

You are right. I am hoping we are less likely to be at the back of the queue for players with investment and Falmer coming. June will hopefully be a busy month with players coming in, possibly leaving, changes to the coaching staff.

It would be great to sign a couple of players where you immediately get excited rather than just run of the mill free transfers. I have faith in Slade and Bloom but it is telling that even the Argus have not had any real transfer rumours in the last few weeks. Hopefully that means the club are keeping all targets quiet in case other clubs are alerted but working hard behind the scenes. I am hopeful of some news next week.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am not convinced Connelly is the right type of striker. If we don't sign Owusu I think we should get a direct replacement for him so a target man as none of our strikers offer that (I know Murray and Davies are tallish but neither are natural target men). Even if this player is a sub it would give us options to change things if we are behind in the second half rather than just a like for like sub.

Have to say I agree with that... if Owusu doesn't sign, then sign a player similar to him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here