Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer targets you think if only we had signed...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Chris Iwelumo second time around when he apparently offered his services.

I have a theory we would have got more out of a certain player is big Chris has been around, seeing as they seemed to have built up a bit of a relationship on and off the pitch.

Without discussing his merits as a player, perhaps his off the field presence may have helped enormously.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Didn't we sniff around John Lukic when he was 17 ? He was England under-21 then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sergei Gotsmanov, poached by Southampton after a short loan spell here and I don't think they played him more than a couple of times. He would have been an all time great if he'd stayed here.

D

Deleted User X18H

A player called Martin Keown who we had on loan his parent club said we could have him for £50000 Bryan Bedson declined!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ameka Ifejiagwa looked pretty good in his 2 games prior to being boted out of the country. Could also mention managers. Wasn't that German who was Cameroon manager supposed to have wanted the job?

The one who left DK with egg on his face and the panic appointment of Hinshelwood when it all went pear shaped a couple of hours before the German was due to be revealed at a press conference to announce the new manager?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A player called Martin Keown who we had on loan his parent club said we could have him for £50000 Bryan Bedson declined!!!!!

I spoke to him in France years ago, whilst on holiday and he denied that ever happening. He was not getting a starting slot at Arsenal and the then arsenal manager Don Howe wanted him to get games...hence he came down to us. The albion approached arsenal to ask about the availability and were told no!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Steven Gillespie, Currie and Leven would of made us title contenders!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Chris Iwelumo second time around when he apparently offered his services.

I have a theory we would have got more out of a certain player is big Chris has been around, seeing as they seemed to have built up a bit of a relationship on and off the pitch.

Without discussing his merits as a player, perhaps his off the field presence may have helped enormously.

Yep I cetainly agree with this. Big Christ being more "experienced" would certainly have helped.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
matthew upson

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Grant Holt,Levin

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Rumour that we didnt offer Roy Keane as we didnt want to pay the air fare from Ireand
also didnt Ian Wright have a trial

I think it's in Keanes biography that we did not bother to trial him because the scouts said he was too small.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here