Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer romours

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Hmmm, he never seemed to physically look happy imo, just the little things like trudging off and never appearing to show too much emotion. He said he was happy so ill take his word, and i have no idea where said Huddersfield fan would get that info from, just thought it was worth posting.

All worth discussing, but I hope the Town fan has got it wrong.

We ended up with Paynet and Calderon so lets hope Lua Lua follows suit and comes back here.

But if not we have to move on and find someone else. Would love to see him here.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He looked HAPPY in the Font and Firkin one evening when myself and Wilko saw him after a home game.

Looked every bit the footballer, swagger, collars turned up, the BIZNESS.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Would rather have Kyel... he's a left winger isnt he?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
All worth discussing, but I hope the Town fan has got it wrong.

We ended up with Paynet and Calderon so lets hope Lua Lua follows suit and comes back here.

But if not we have to move on and find someone else. Would love to see him here.

Would love him back here too, but the thing that worries me was the end product, the number of shots he had from distance flying wide, and in the games he played the only decent cross i remember was the pinpoint ball for Barnes' header at the withdean (game eludes me). Still, a great player to have in the squad as he scares teams, and causes them to pay extra attention in dealing with him, creating space for others.
I suppose if the final delivery was there, he'd be well above league 1.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Interesting comments from Mark on the Argus website, who has been spot on, on other occasions :

morning all!! nice to see graham getting some stick instead of me! lol. whats with all the doom and gloom with you all? how many players do you think we are short of making a top 4 push? i reckon 4 maybe 5.. two players are i understand close to signing.. lua lua wont come till pre-season is nearly over, as houghton wants to decide if lua has a future at the club or is one for next year.. your all getting over stressed about nothing.. clubs wont release players till they can cover the player leaving.. so we end up in something similar to a housing chain.. all waiting for a move.. also those who reckon signing Poke is not a good move? when have you seen him? saints rated him very highly 3-4 years ago.. but pardew wants his men in place.. poke will i believe be the new kuipers, i saw him play for saints 5 years ago, massive mouth on him.. withdean will never be quiet again! lol.. as for gus contract, he wants to learn his craft, he and bloom want this club in the right position in 12 months time, as for lack of spending.. watch thi space!

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Would love him back here too, but the thing that worries me was the end product, the number of shots he had from distance flying wide, and in the games he played the only decent cross i remember was the pinpoint ball for Barnes' header at the withdean (game eludes me). Still, a great player to have in the squad as he scares teams, and causes them to pay extra attention in dealing with him, creating space for others.
I suppose if the final delivery was there, he'd be well above league 1.

Saints at home :thumbsup:

Interesting comments from Mark on the Argus website, who has been spot on, on other occasions :

morning all!! nice to see graham getting some stick instead of me! lol. whats with all the doom and gloom with you all? how many players do you think we are short of making a top 4 push? i reckon 4 maybe 5.. two players are i understand close to signing.. lua lua wont come till pre-season is nearly over, as houghton wants to decide if lua has a future at the club or is one for next year.. your all getting over stressed about nothing.. clubs wont release players till they can cover the player leaving.. so we end up in something similar to a housing chain.. all waiting for a move.. also those who reckon signing Poke is not a good move? when have you seen him? saints rated him very highly 3-4 years ago.. but pardew wants his men in place.. poke will i believe be the new kuipers, i saw him play for saints 5 years ago, massive mouth on him.. withdean will never be quiet again! lol.. as for gus contract, he wants to learn his craft, he and bloom want this club in the right position in 12 months time, as for lack of spending.. watch thi space!

Having talked to a Torquay supporting friend of mine, his description of Poke as a great shot stopper, good distribution, good in the air but poor kicking immdeiatley remidned me of Kuipers, so mark looks right on that one.

mate also reckons Poke can definetly play in League 1, so I think he may give Brezovan a run for his money

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will we lose out on LuaLua because Huddersfield will fork out a decent transfer fee ?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Will we lose out on LuaLua because Huddersfield will fork out a decent transfer fee ?

They way I understood things, from what I had read, is that Newcastle rated highly and were not prepared to sell? I thought we were trying to negotiate with Newcastle on a year long loan?

Again, as far as I am aware we were trying to sign him, but Newcastle didn't want to sell, so how Huddersfield suddenly become a club that gets permission to buy?? I don't know.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Sure at the end of last season when asked Gus said Newcastle won't LuaLua leave on a permanent deal but were willing to discuss season long loan once preseason was underway

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm sure it was said Newcastle want to assess him to see if he can break through during the season and if not will send him out on loan again. If Huddersfield and willing to spend bonkers money on him then so be it, would much prefer someone who can consistently put a good ball it rather then run very fast.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Again, as far as I am aware we were trying to sign him, but Newcastle didn't want to sell, so how Huddersfield suddenly become a club that gets permission to buy?? I don't know.

lee clarke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here