Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Intrigue

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plus he has an immensely FLAIR name: John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti.

Also went on loan to Burnley two years ago and scored in his only start.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I wouldn't mind knowing what John Guidetti is on. Youngster at Man City, Swedish international, was on loan at Feyenoord last season and scored 20 in 23 in the Dutch league. Tall, strong...no doubt word is out about him at other clubs, but he'd be worth a cheeky punt if we could pay his wages for a few months.

Sounds good, alongside Danny Graham who I have a sneaky suspicion is going to be CMS's replacement as I think he is on his way to Norwich or Leeds.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I did like Noone & was disappointed to see him go but I have to say that's not a bad bit of business for the club as it's an area we actually have got covered.

a bit like midfielders now, we probably had at least one too msny and all with enough quality to make a championship side.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Plus he has an immensely FLAIR name: John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti.

Also went on loan to Burnley two years ago and scored in his only start.

I seem to recall reading that he has/is recovering from quite a serious injury.

Classy player though, of that there is no doubt.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds good, alongside Danny Graham who I have a sneaky suspicion is going to be CMS's replacement as I think he is on his way to Norwich or Leeds.

Despite the fact that he's only scored one goal this season, I can't quite see Swansea being up for selling him (though I agree he seems very much the type we need).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to recall reading that he has/is recovering from quite a serious injury.

Classy player though, of that there is no doubt.

Good point. I just googled him and he doesn't seem to have played this season, though as part of City's huge squad, that may or may not indicate his fitness. It says he suffered a mystery virus back in April which left him with no feeling in one leg. Could be problematic, I guess...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think Danny graham could well be our number one Target. I think Swansea and their system only allows one central striker, Michu is certainly going to play assuming he stays fit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I Danny graham could well be our number one Target. I think Swansea and their system only allows one central striker.

With annoying timing, Michu left the field injured in Swansea's last game. They seem to think it's not too bad, so hopefully he won't be out for long.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
With annoying timing, Michu left the field injured in Swansea's last game. They seem to think it's not too bad, so hopefully he won't be out for long.

Although he had dropped back into midfield in that game to accommodate Luke Moore. That doesn't bode well for Graham's prospects as Moore appears to be above Graham now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
would love Danny Graham at the club. Good footballer but if he comes it surely means CMS will go as they are quite alike in the way they play I think. Would also possibly mean a second, physically bigger striker, still needed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

More to the point, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Michu go to a top team here or back in Spain in January. He certainly looks like a champions league player so that may scupper any hope of getting Graham which would be a shame as he would be just what we need up front.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
One thing is for sure if Gus doesn't sign anyone our chances of a top six finish will go out the window. The side does need a breath of fresh air to give us a final push.

I'm undecided whether it is a striker we need of a creative midfielder to service our strike force, CMS and Dobbie haven't become bad players over night they definatelty have something but maybe we currently aren't creating the right sort of chances for them.

Really it all depends on the finances made available by the board or monies raised by selling current squad members you are right "transfer intrigue", January is going to make or break our season on and off the pitch.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I'm kind of in that place...is it a case of simply better quality in the midfield gets a better outcome from CMS and Dobbie or is the big cash for CMS a better deal?

I'm noticing a lot of the sides we are playing arn't great, but are more consistently good for 90 minutes with experience and size on the pitch making their chances count.

Good posts. I'm none the wiser!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Gus has often quoted the impact of Jason Roberts to Reading last season, also the need for a number 9. He's also indicated that the player he is after is close to signing, although he qualified that in his latest (Watford 2) interview.

My view is we'll see this striker reasonably early in the transfer window, also that we'll break our transfer record in his purchase. Who it will be, I have no idea!

A decent shout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here