Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Budget

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Lots of speculation on strikers and new signings, but no news yet. It was said that TB had made a similar budget available to last year. As far as I can see the only sIgning that has cost a transfer fee is Crofts and we got a bit back for Elphick. However the wages will have increased.

Last year we signed CMS, Hoskins and Buckley. By my calculation if the budget were the same Gus should have at least £2-3m to spend. No point in shelling out for the wrong striker though....

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lots of speculation on strikers and new signings, but no news yet. It was said that TB had made a similar budget available to last year. As far as I can see the only sIgning that has cost a transfer fee is Crofts and we got a bit back for Elphick. However the wages will have increased.

Last year we signed CMS, Hoskins and Buckley. By my calculation if the budget were the same Gus should have at least £2-3m to spend. No point in shelling out for the wrong striker though....
what about , Bruno , Bridge and Kz ..... all free or loan , but still cost money as have to be paid !

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

Wages keep going up, we cant expect to keep buying players (now on bigger wages than past signings a couple of years ago) and not sell anyone to lower the wages.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nevertheless, the need for a striker with presence has been as plain as the nose on your face for over a season now, so...

Increase the budget or lower your sights, but don't fail to sign the striker we need...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You do realise you should COMPLETELY ignore any statements about budgets, right?

The board/Gus are NEVER going to truthfully show their hand in terms of what they have to play with. It would be BONKERS to come out and say "we have a much better budget" as it would instantly push up selling clubs negotiations.

We will certainly have much more than last year....but we're not going to go shouting about it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
0228_dr-evil.jpg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Whatever the budget,if there is no new striker who can/will score it'll likely make our desire to be promotion hopefuls,just that!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Imagine the UPROAR on here if Gus and Tony came into a Press Conference, hand in hand and said "listen guys, lets put any stories to bed: We have a budget of £6m to spend this summer. Of that, £1.5m is already being spend on wages - Therefore Gus has £4.5m to spend on transfers inclusive of wages. We'll let you know exactly how much we have left after each signing".

Agents would have a field day, fans would be angry at the tight budget or angry at the higher level of budget and not living between our means, people would argue about who's been paid what and what we've actually got left, speculation would be rife of ludicrous and unrealistic signings based on nonsense perceived wages of other players and wild rumours...

Actually, on second thought, it would be exactly the same as things are now.

D

Deleted member 22389

I dread to think how much The Amex costs to run a week / month. I'm glad we are not going silly with players wages and signings. I just hope some supporters are understand the reasons why.

Bloom has said he is no Abramovich, so I am glad he is being sensible, because in the end it will pay off.

If CMS gets up and running there will be no need for this striker.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I dread to think how much The Amex costs to run a week / month. I'm glad we are not going silly with players wages and signings. I just hope some supporters are understand the reasons why.

Bloom has said he is no Abramovich, so I am glad he is being sensible, because in the end it will pay off.

If CMS gets up and running there will be no need for this striker.

Thats what he does now ;)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't actually think the budget is as relevant as people say. For the right player at the right price Bloom will look at it.

Yes there is a budget but I suspect there is more flexibility in it than people think.

And just because we won't pay £x's for Murray for example does not mean we won't pay more for someone else. A good deal is a good deal.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I wonder if another Spanish import might be on its way. It was interesting to read Brian Laudrup's comments that with the recession , You can pick up a few bargains in the spanish league. I don't think he did too bad on saturday !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if another Spanish import might be on its way. It was interesting to read Brian Laudrup's comments that with the recession , You can pick up a few bargains in the spanish league. I don't think he did too bad on saturday !

Apart from the fact that Swansea manager is Michael Laudrup I would agree with you and would expect to see a foreign striker signing before not to much longer. Incidentally are you back in the UK permanent now.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I don't actually think the budget is as relevant as people say. For the right player at the right price Bloom will look at it.

Yes there is a budget but I suspect there is more flexibility in it than people think.

And just because we won't pay £x's for Murray for example does not mean we won't pay more for someone else. A good deal is a good deal.
Hit the nail on the head.

Besides, we're saving it all up for Bozzy Bamora.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Sorry yes Brian Laudrup , , but his brother was good too !. Yes iam back and working in london for my sins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here