Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tranmere

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Used to live in Tranmere, there is a Harvester sort of place next door to Prenton Park which has a well lt car park and is quite family oriented, otherwise pubs near the ground are a bit dodge

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Uncle Buck said:
More than likely.

I think the plan is to leave around midday on Sunday. The Laird is determined to find some pub in Liverpool he read about when mullets were in fashion.
Lord Beerfestival, planner of the GDC London Albion Pub itinerary, is something of an expert on the pubs of Liverpool and Birkenhead. He once led an expedition across the Mersey at 9.30 (with the ferry serving beer) in time for 10.00 opening in Birkenhead. Still managed to miss the 3.15 kick off but the Albion won 2-1 and Billy McEwan played well.
The Carnarvon Castle in Lpool used to be a good pub but indeed I was mulleted (and mullered!) like a Laird when I last visited.

Ask Lord Beerfestival I suggest.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Uncle Buck said:
Anyone know of any pubs in the Tranmere / Liverpool area where dodgy locals will not attempt to sell me knocked off gear from Next or stewing steak?

Just wondered like as we are playing there on Monday.

The Mersey Clipper by the ground ???

A couple of nice pubs down by the docks :drink: one opposite tyhe yellow submarine is alright :drink:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have been to the Wirrall a couple of times, on one occasion I stayed in a village called Thornton Hough, it is a quintessential English picture postcard type of place. Just checked on the map, it is only a few miles south of Tranmere, don't think the contrast could be much greater, sure that it would be a good place for a pre-match lunch.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Uncle Buck said:
Anyone know of any pubs in the Tranmere / Liverpool area where dodgy locals will not attempt to sell me knocked off gear from Next or stewing steak?

Just wondered like as we are playing there on Monday.

can you get me a couple of pounds of stewing steak for the freezer - cheers

The Duke

Apr 5, 2007
West Sussex
The 'Baltic Fleet' is an excellent boozer. Its opposite the Albert Dock Area in Wapping Road. If you go ask for a guy called 'Shifty' who is always in there.

Dandyman

In London village.
No Next knock offs ? No dodgy minibus rides ? No Apples lead Port frenzy ? what sort of Murkeyside trip is that ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here