Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trains

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
They seem to have put on a fitting second string service today for the League Cup.

Must have been 2 trains running from Brighton to Falmer in the past hour

boik

They seem to have put on a fitting second string service today for the League Cup.

Must have been 2 trains running from Brighton to Falmer in the past hour
Worse coming home. Left on the final whistle, legged it to the queue, didn't get on a train at 22:27. Got to brighton and all Northbound trains cancelled. Replacement bus service apparently. Went round to the bus stop and saw a replacement bus pull away almost empty. No more buses turned up. The lad in high viz said that "the replacement busses seem to have disappeared". In the end managed to persuade someone to drive down and pick us up. Normal midweek shambles.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Was a report ever released of the club's transport review that was announced last year to great fanfare?
We are sorry to announce the transport review has been delayed by approximately 365 days.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The trains are a bloody joke all the time out of Brighton in the evenings.

The last 4 times I have come down by train, not including Albion matches it has been the same come 9 oclock at night.

Shambles.

No chance of me switching from Park And Ride.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Absolute shambles last night. If we get a home draw in the next round, I won't be going

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was there an issue pre (or should I say during the)match last night….i was running late and as I walked past Falmer station a train had just pulled in packed with supporters …that must have been ten mins after KO ..post match queues looked erm long….with plod reacting rather slowly to Crawley fans causing some issues

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
One of the worst train experiences last night. I live near West Hampstead so it should be an easy direct train home for games like that taking just under 2 hours.

Stuck at Falmer for an hour after full time despite leaving on the whistle as there were only two trains running. Then when I got back to Brighton they'd cancelled the last 4 Thameslink trains and told me to get an hour bus replacement service that would take me to Three Bridges, and when I was there I could wait over an hour for a train to take me the West Hampstead Thameslink getting me home at well after 02:00...

Absolutely shambles... just under 5 hours to get from Falmer to home in London...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thameslink was pretty screwed up yesterday. I think there were 2 or 3 cancellations for the journey back.,

I had to take the Gatwick Express (it wasn't) back to East Croydon

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of the worst train experiences last night. I live near West Hampstead so it should be an easy direct train home for games like that taking just under 2 hours.

Stuck at Falmer for an hour after full time despite leaving on the whistle as there were only two trains running. Then when I got back to Brighton they'd cancelled the last 4 Thameslink trains and told me to get an hour bus replacement service that would take me to Three Bridges, and when I was there I could wait over an hour for a train to take me the West Hampstead Thameslink getting me home at well after 02:00...

Absolutely shambles... just under 5 hours to get from Falmer to home in London...
I managed to get on a Train back to east croydon at 23:25.
The Gatwick Express was stopping at all stations, via Redhill - took forever, but better than rail replacement bus, any day of the week.

SlickHenry

Apr 10, 2020
Yeah definite lack of trains. Only coming from Hove but got to Brighton station at 1830 and got to my seat bang on KO. Left after the Webster goal and was lucky to get a train just before 10. Problem is there only seems to be 2 trains an hour and they are all only 4 carriage.

In future probably will get the park and ride for evening games.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London

Not going to lie, on top of not wanting to explain to my wife that I'd be going to yet another match this month, I gave this a pass expecting the trip back to London to be a shitshow.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Not going to lie, on top of not wanting to explain to my wife that I'd be going to yet another match this month, I gave this a pass expecting the trip back to London to be a shitshow.
Yeah, I really didn't expect it to be such a shitshow tbf. Prepared myself for a cancelled train or two but not all of them.

If they'd bothered to put one of those final 3 Thameslink trains on, it really would've been somewhat okay. How can you schedule trains from Brighton to London on a Tuesday night and fail to have enough staff to run them?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Over the past 2 or 3 seasons, I have taken to walking back to the station after games.
I just can't be arsed with queueing any more, and frankly, I need the exercise.

If you can spare the time, I would recommend it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I got to Brighton Station just before 7pm. Missed kick off by about 10 minutes. I also missed O'riley tackle.
We decided to leave on 82 minutes. Something I wouldn't do normally.
I rarely do midweek games and last night confirms I made the right decision.
Thankfully getting home was OK. Train made an train stop at Three Bridges station
Food queues were also bad.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Over the past 2 or 3 seasons, I have taken to walking back to the station after games.
I just can't be arsed with queueing any more, and frankly, I need the exercise.

If you can spare the time, I would recommend it.

Out of curiosity how long does that take?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Conversely, I parked at the University (as it was about the same price as train tickets for 4, and cheaper than P&R) fearing the usual massive queue to leave, but I just drove away without any queue at all until the A270 traffic lights. Stadium to Haywards Heath station in 45 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here