Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains, trains trains...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Another FCC/Thameslink moan I'm afraid - I'm not even that bothered about being five minutes late today - you get used to it and factor it in. And, when needing a ticket for only the next three days, they told me I'd have to buy one for a whole week, I was disappointed but rip-off Britain is a concept which train companies clearly embrace wholeheartedly, so I had no choice but to pay up.

But, when on the first day of really cold weather, some tosspot can't even be bothered to turn the bloody HEATING on in the carriage...I get mad. I'm actually going to complain to them, I and I can't normally be arsed to do that. WANKERS. :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Another FCC/Thameslink moan I'm afraid - I'm not even that bothered about being five minutes late today - you get used to it and factor it in. And, when needing a ticket for only the next three days, they told me I'd have to buy one for a whole week, I was disappointed but rip-off Britain is a concept which train companies clearly embrace wholeheartedly, so I had no choice but to pay up.

But, when on the first day of really cold weather, some tosspot can't even be bothered to turn the bloody HEATING on in the carriage...I get mad. I'm actually going to complain to them, I and I can't normally be arsed to do that. WANKERS. :angry:

We keep telling you to boycott that shitty company and use tried and trusted SOUTHERN trains instead. Your brand loyalty beggars belief :dunce:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Re: Re: Trains, trains trains...

Tom Hark said:
We keep telling you to boycott that shitty company and use tried and trusted SOUTHERN trains instead. Your brand loyalty beggars belief :dunce:

what he said!

southern was great this morning, sitting there in shirtsleeves watching the ice frost and mist from the comfort of my ergonomically designed chair.

and not a wiff of piss in the air!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Although there was some bloke ( who looked very similar to Mr Afters) snoring his f***ing head off behind us.

the view from the train window over the viaduct this morning, with the frost on the trees was truly magical

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You're right - I naively cling to this weird, almost quaintly old-fashioned belief that the best way to get from Brighton to Farringdon is to take the train which goes from Brighton to Farringdon...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
You're right - I naively cling to this weird, almost quaintly old-fashioned belief that the best way to get from Brighton to Farringdon is to take the train which goes from Brighton to Farringdon...

Depends how you define 'best' innit :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
fair moan but from my experience of trains I rarely have a late one. Usually bang on time (use trains once or twice a week) .

Think everyone moans a lot from the days of the Tory government but infact trains are much better now

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Man of Harveys said:

As MoH knows I used to use that service. It really is the only way to get to Blackfriars or Farringdon without the charms of a tube ride.

Afters

Could the lack of wee smells be down the fact the you changed your underpants this morning!!

:jester:

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Man of Harveys said:

Deluded thinking there. I can confirm Southern was nice and prompt today, and warm.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In case anyone remotely cares the line between 3 Bridges and the coast via Crawley, Horsham and Arundel was closed earlier on due to 'defective rails' and everything was going to Pompey via Hove.

My Southern train to 3 Bridges was indeed very warm but my walk to Crawley town centre was fargin freezin :angry:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dougal said:
fair moan but from my experience of trains I rarely have a late one. Usually bang on time (use trains once or twice a week) .

Think everyone moans a lot from the days of the Tory government but infact trains are much better now

Blimey what line do you travel on? We'll have to put a stop to this trains running on time mullarky it's not good for the railways image.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Not all Southern carriages are warm.

I remember being on the 0733 Brighton to London Bridge last winter. Most coaches were nice and warm, but I walked into one coach and it was so f***ing cold in there that ICE was forming on the inside of the windows. I kid you not.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Dave the Gaffer said:
Although there was some bloke ( who looked very similar to Mr Afters) snoring his f***ing head off behind us.

the view from the train window over the viaduct this morning, with the frost on the trees was truly magical

:angel: :angel: :angel:

not me guv! reading a book and enjoying the viewthis morning!

(and you know of course that as soon as i ever bump into your noisy crowd i change carriages!)

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
You'd think so wouldn't you? And you'd be wrong. I have to go to Farringdon sometimes and I always go via Victoria. Even with the tube journey at the other end I think that travelling on the nice, comfy Southern trains is infinitely preferable to having your knees and arse jammed against fat strangers on a Thameslink cattle truck. And I'm not sure that going direct is that much quicker either.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
afters said:
(and you know of course that as soon as i ever bump into your noisy crowd i change carriages!)

Yes...misery

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here