Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to the dark side...

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Just purchased an over priced ticket for Palace away... normally drive of have had other travel as its normally a evening game....now its 3pm looking to train it up, wats the best route or station to get off at??

Cheers guys

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd say this is the one occasion to avoid the trains as, unlike the evening matches the met will delight in kettling people for hours a la 5-0.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
day travel card up to london bridge, having a few drinks in the city before coming back down, saves being dragged around Croydon by the old bill.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Last year they frogmarched us back to Norwood Junction where they put on a train straight back to Brighton. It was f***ing rammoed. The most overcroded I've ever seen a train.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I wouldn’t recommend anyone getting the train to East Croydon, Selhurst, or Norwood Junction tbh after 10 or 11 am. Rumours are that the met will be very strict and they’ll be very little free movement at train stations. My advice would be to leave very and early get off at Coulsdon or Purley and take the 405 into West Croydon (takes about 20 minutes)

If people are travelling with young children or the elderly and want to grab food and watch the lunch time kick offs I’d recommend getting off early at East Croydon and taking a tram towards New Addington to coombe road tram stop (10 minutes) from east Croydon and going to a place called Coombe lodge, you won’t even know you’re in Croydon (google it) and then you can either get a taxi to the ground or take a short walk to a bus stop to Thornton heath on the 64 bus. Sounds like a right palaver but plenty of away fans do this as there’s a hotel there and you won’t come across any home fans, it’s a huge place in an almost rural setting with reasonable food and a good selection of food.

If anyone wants to know any decent pubs where they’ll be no hassle and within easy reach drop me a PM.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I wouldn’t recommend anyone getting the train to East Croydon, Selhurst, or Norwood Junction tbh after 10 or 11 am. Rumours are that the met will be very strict and they’ll be very little free movement at train stations. My advice would be to leave very and early get off at Coulsdon or Purley and take the 405 into West Croydon (takes about 20 minutes)

If people are travelling with young children or the elderly and want to grab food and watch the lunch time kick offs I’d recommend getting off early at East Croydon and taking a tram towards New Addington to coombe road tram stop (10 minutes) from east Croydon and going to a place called Coombe lodge, you won’t even know you’re in Croydon (google it) and then you can either get a taxi to the ground or take a short walk to a bus stop to Thornton heath on the 64 bus. Sounds like a right palaver but plenty of away fans do this as there’s a hotel there and you won’t come across any home fans, it’s a huge place in an almost rural setting with reasonable food and a good selection of food.

If anyone wants to know any decent pubs where they’ll be no hassle and within easy reach drop me a PM.

Erm good job this is not an internet forum as some unsavoury Nigels may pop in there now?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Erm good job this is not an internet forum as some unsavoury Nigels may pop in there now?

Palace aren’t exactly famed for their hooligan element despite the town being fairly rough and I’m not sure they’ll be that worried about the families and those not looking for trouble anyway (that’s who I was directing the post at)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here