Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20220922-165556~2.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is this strike affecting services down here? The one on 1 October is not affecting Southern or Thameslink trains (although there's a replacement service on trains up to London)

Southern employees weren't part of the strike in August either.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has got to the point where enough is enough. It is a massively logistical exercise now to get to any game and needs meticulous preparation and calendar dates checking. sky, trains etc. How many of the 19 games start of the season stick to the original date 2, 3 ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is this strike affecting services down here? The one on 1 October is not affecting Southern or Thameslink trains (although there's a replacement service on trains up to London)

Southern employees weren't part of the strike in August either.

This is a national strike, affecting every company.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is a national strike, affecting every company.

"The affected train companies are Chiltern Railways, Cross Country Trains, Greater Anglia, LNER, East Midlands Railway, c2c, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, Northern Trains, South Eastern, South Western Railway, Transpennine Express, Avanti West Coast, West Midlands Trains."

No mention of SASTA

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If you don't like your pay or condition then **** off and find another job. I don't use the train but can imagine it's a massive ball ache for those who do and I can't see many having any sympathy for these twats anymore.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you don't like your pay or condition then **** off and find another job. I don't use the train but can imagine it's a massive ball ache for those who do and I can't see many having any sympathy for these twats anymore.

I think they might struggle to get more money elsewhere, 36k for workers and around 60k for drivers? Hardly on the breadline either.

I can see why the Palace game was called off and I guess a few thousand Spurs fans struggling to get away from the Amex could also be a policing nightmare, especially if we beat them :smile:

Quite a few of them are local Amex season ticket holders though :wink:

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It has got to the point where enough is enough. It is a massively logistical exercise now to get to any game and needs meticulous preparation and calendar dates checking. sky, trains etc. How many of the 19 games start of the season stick to the original date 2, 3 ?

Yes an absolute logistical nightmare coming all the way from Lancing l imagine. Do you have to set out the night before?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

So…what happens when all the people who can drive trains aren’t there anymore? I’m not convinced you’ve thought this through, if I’m honest.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Good job it's on TV

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What happens if you put your spurs ticket on the exchange and someone buys it but then the game is postponed?

Do they refund the purchaser and reload it on to the original STH account?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What happens if you put your spurs ticket on the exchange and someone buys it but then the game is postponed?

Do they refund the purchaser and reload it on to the original STH account?

Doubt it. Not exactly the same but last season if you transferred a ticket using ‘sharing’, the original STH couldn’t get it back even if the person it was transferred to couldn’t make the rearranged game. They did have the ‘opportunity’ to buy a new ticket ‘at full matchday price’ though (whilst their ST seat would have been empty).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Or maybe you move to a country where strikes are illegal? Not many options, but North Korea and Qatar are two of them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Doubt it. Not exactly the same but last season if you transferred a ticket using ‘sharing’, the original STH couldn’t get it back even if the person it was transferred to couldn’t make the rearranged game. They did have the ‘opportunity’ to buy a new ticket ‘at full matchday price’ though (whilst their ST seat would have been empty).

What is the last time you can put your ticket on the list? If the rail strike will cause a postponement like palace, hopefully the club will tell us quickly

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's on TV so it wont be called off. Difference between the Spurs game and Palace is that there was no car parking for Palace. Club will add an extra P&R and more coaches. No problem.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's on TV so it wont be called off. Difference between the Spurs game and Palace is that there was no car parking for Palace. Club will add an extra P&R and more coaches. No problem.

Fair enough. I’ll put my ticket up!

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
"The affected train companies are Chiltern Railways, Cross Country Trains, Greater Anglia, LNER, East Midlands Railway, c2c, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, Northern Trains, South Eastern, South Western Railway, Transpennine Express, Avanti West Coast, West Midlands Trains."

No mention of SASTA

Southern are sorry to announce that we are sorry not to announce that we are sorry to announce that Southern are sorry.

Yep, that should do it! :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here