Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If I was a betting man I'd guess they will move it to the Sunday.

No need, hadn't the chap raising money for charity at the Leeds game not walked from Selhurst to the Amex. If he can do that then I'm sure the black hoodie fans could do the same.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I don’t think it was the Wolves game (December last year), I was on a train from Brighton to/from Falmer with the Black Country’s finest describing Brighton as a shithole - what the hell does that make Wolverhampton then! :laugh:

Not that recently Quite likely pre PL Hence the mention of increased crowd numbers now
A friend assisted with a heart attack patient that day He was somewhat delayed
But going in the opposite direction I got home as quick as I used to from Withdean
Definitely a midweek evening game Might be wrong with Wolves I ll check

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Students moving in day at Sussex an all

Bloody hell :ffsparr:

What an absolute ballache it has been playing at the Amex over the last few seasons overall, with each recent season getting progressively worse in terms of the % of games ****ed by the trains one way or another

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
This looks like the perfect storm of complete shittery. A Palace fixture with a Saturday 3pm on a pleasant September afternoon - a time and day that we’ve avoided for decades for security reasons, and now, with a rail strike chucked in to boot this is going to cause absolute mayhem.

What contingency plans have the club, police, transport companies and local authorities got in place - if any? How will a 31,000 crowd get to the Amex and back in relative safety? Surely the best course of action is for the club and Premier League to postpone the fixture and come up with an alternative date later in the season - common sense - or is that in short supply as well?
Indeed an absolute mess. It would be really helpful for planning etc if the club can get the PL and police to agree to a fixture change. Sunday seems an obvious change though i think it will be 8pm Friday

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed an absolute mess. It would be really helpful for planning etc if the club can get the PL and police to agree to a fixture change. Sunday seems an obvious change though i think it will be 8pm Friday

Not sure that will help. Trains start being affected the evening before a strike - there'll be few (or no) trains available at the end.

I reckon we'll cope with the original date. We coped on Boxing Day with no trains and very few buses, so I'm sure we can manage again. Bit of a headache for the coppers though with Palace fans coming in by diverse routes.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Not sure that will help. Trains start being affected the evening before a strike - there'll be few (or no) trains available at the end.

I reckon we'll cope with the original date. We coped on Boxing Day with no trains and very few buses, so I'm sure we can manage again. Bit of a headache for the coppers though with Palace fans coming in by diverse routes.

You do know that the stadium was less than half full on Boxing Day for the Brentford game because of the stupid ko time and the inability of a lot of people being able to get there by public transport?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

But no parking either this time. I can't see how 31000 are going to get to the Amex solely by park and ride and the odd local bus.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Aren't they more likely to kick the can down the line and rearrange the game for sometime next Spring?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No way this match is being rearranged with just 3 weeks notice. Potentially the club will lay on extra park and ride services (Pyecombe and Brighton/Lewes stations?) to cope.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No way this match is being rearranged with just 3 weeks notice.

Not sure what relevance that has, games can (and have been) postponed up to an hour before they're due to start.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Is it wrong to be smug that I booked a Seagull Travel seat for this game a few weeks ago?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No way this match is being rearranged with just 3 weeks notice. Potentially the club will lay on extra park and ride services (Pyecombe and Brighton/Lewes stations?) to cope.

It's entirely possible that it will be. Coventry had to rearrange a bunch of games at short notice because of work on their pitch and that was ok with the EFL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Seriously?

We didn't 'cope' on Boxing day at all. We 'coped' simply by way of many thousands of people who had bought tickets to the game, NOT attending it.

And that day we had all the usual car parking available, and there were no security concerns. The attendance for this, if it goes ahead at the scheduled time, could be shambolically depleted.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If it’s moved to Sunday I’ll be pissed off as I booked a holiday 2 weeks ago based on this confirmed fixture

But the strikes normally have a ‘pre hangover’ and wind down services early the day before and then hangover the day after starting back up right ? So no days work really

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure what relevance that has, games can (and have been) postponed up to an hour before they're due to start.

True, but this match won't be. Given it is the "big" match in terms of logistics with police, stewards etc I just can't see it being postponed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seriously?

We didn't 'cope' on Boxing day at all. We 'coped' simply by way of many thousands of people who had bought tickets to the game, NOT attending it.

I don't understand this. The game went ahead so, therefore, by definition we coped with the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here