Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains on Monday- waaaaah! [Update: full match day service]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is normal Brighton westwards

22:33 too full to enter (train waiting in station, not allowed to board)
22:43: cancelled (this train never runs)
23:04 beginning of the queue gets on this train
23:13 ordinary time, train to catch
23:43 known to catch this train at least twice when other trains cancelled, delayed or too full to enter
There is no 23:43 on the timetable for tonight ! 23:13 is the last train west.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There is no 23:43 on the timetable for tonight ! 23:13 is the last train west.

There should be two trains after midnight , once which calls at all the halts and the last one only goes to Hove to connect with the London train. The big problem is extra time and penalties and the train from Falmer will not arrive in time and the West Coastway train may be too full to enter.

23:43 is change at Hove. It is the 22:43 that does not run on matchdays. Matchday service West Coastway is worst than a normal service.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So is there a full matchday service from Brighton before the game ???

This is what I'm trying to find out too.

The club have now said there is a full matchday service.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/southern-rail-to-run-matchday-service-3114490.aspx

The usual matchday service will run before and after the game.

Brighton & Hove Albion are pleased to report that Southern Rail has delayed planned engineering works until after midnight today, and are planning to provide the usual matchday rail service before and after tonight's game.

The club's operations team has worked tirelessly with Southern over the weekend to provide additional trains, and Southern are confident of providing a full service prematch, and the following services after the match.
Falmer to Brighton: 21:36, 21:45, 22:02, 22:17, 22:22, 22:40, 22:50, 23:16, 23:21, 23:37, 23:48, 00:03 & 00:05.

Falmer to Lewes: 21:54, 22:05,22:15,22:35, 22:44, 22:53, 23:02, 23:16, 23:34, 23:36 & 00:05

In addition, the club has also added significant extra parking capacity at Brighton Racecourse and there will be extra buses servicing that site to cope with additional demand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But there is no mention about this staffing problem that was the original cause of this. So are Southern saying they can guarantee staffing to provide a match day service?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But there is no mention about this staffing problem that was the original cause of this. So are Southern saying they can guarantee staffing to provide a match day service?

I think the legacy of the Hillsbrough disater means that they will be ultra careful. Railway stations are the pinch points nowadays.

At the Fulham fiasco, fans were remarkable tolerant. You can see why the barriers and restricted number on the station platforms are installed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the legacy of the Hillsbrough disater means that they will be ultra careful. Railway stations are the pinch points nowadays.

At the Fulham fiasco, fans were remarkable tolerant. You can see why the barriers and restricted number on the station platforms are installed.

Have you misunderstood my question ?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Good news if it all works out, but though I resent having to stump up £11 when my match ticket covers travel from Worthing, I'm happy to stick with the coach.
Best of luck to everyone going by train.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
There should be two trains after midnight , once which calls at all the halts and the last one only goes to Hove to connect with the London train. The big problem is extra time and penalties and the train from Falmer will not arrive in time and the West Coastway train may be too full to enter.

23:43 is change at Hove. It is the 22:43 that does not run on matchdays. Matchday service West Coastway is worst than a normal service.

Don't forget the 'secret' 01:18 service to Worthing. In theory it is a drop off only service from Victoria but if you are on the platform there is nothing to stop you getting on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Here's is the reply I have just received from my email I sent on Saturday

Thanks for getting in touch with Charles regarding tonight's match. He has asked that I respond on his behalf.

I can confirm that we will be operating a normal matchday service tonight to manage the expected demand - we have also postponed some planned engineering works to ensure that there is no disruption. Regrettably we are continuing to see high levels of sickness at some of our conductor depots and so services may be subject to change. We urge that you stay updated using National Rail Enquiries and check your journey before you travel.

We will do everything we can to protect the service and please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Yours sincerely

Calum Wadge

HQ Customer Relations

Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR)

Email: Calum.Wadge@gtrailway.com

Govia Thameslink Railway Limited

2nd Floor Monument Place, 24 Monument Street, London, EC3R 8AJ

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Yes, you are right. The connecting service seems to get to Worthing but not beyond so that fooled me.

Taxi will only cost me 1 gold bar from Worthing rather than 3 ingots from Brighton :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here