Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains last night

Jul 13, 2012
There's a perfectly adequate park & ride service at Reading. And a half-way decent bus service between Reading Station and the ground. Trying to park near the stadium is MADNESS. Unless you actually enjoy nudging forward in a slow moving queue of traffic.

I have no choice as my father is disabled so have to park at the ground. I expect nudging is the same as nudging along in the train queue?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Well, pardon me, Lord B. I obviously should have done my homework better.

Did you see the prices of the trains to Reading on Boxing Day? They wanted an arm and a leg.

Jul 13, 2012
Well, pardon me. I obviously should have done my homework better.

Did you see the prices of the trains to Reading on Boxing Day? They wanted an arm and a leg.

That's why I take my dad to away games. I go as his career and get in free (get loyalty points still) and am allowed to park right next the ground. By train then it's a no no unless I travel on my own like I am for Watford and Millwall.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If your feelings are strong enough then if you want to pursue this then the best option is to get a ticket for the 1901 area and see where this takes you. It's all if and butts but if their was chemistry there and only you know then there's only one way to find out. I've been there before and had to find out....

She was in the drectors box for the Chelsea game, and in the East 1901 last night so knowing my luck, she wouldn't be there when I would be! Might just let it go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's a perfectly adequate park & ride service at Reading. And a half-way decent bus service between Reading Station and the ground. Trying to park near the stadium is MADNESS. Unless you actually enjoy nudging forward in a slow moving queue of traffic.

Whenever we've played Reading we've always turned left off the roundabout coming off the M4 and parked on the streets near the pub. It is only a 15 min walk back over the motorway to the ground after having a drink (obviously the driver has a non alcoholic drink)

Jul 13, 2012
She was in the drectors box for the Chelsea game, and in the East 1901 last night so knowing my luck, she wouldn't be there when I would be! Might just let it go.

Best bet. We've all been there. Only if hey? Look back at the past and think only if. That's life and we all meet such wonderful people whether it's travelling or just every day like on the buses or trains but most times it's being friendly and nothing more but we would like it to be.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bloom was on our train back to Brighton.

Got photo with him, i'm on the right :banana:

185112_793753542221_256354951_n.jpg

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My brother got to the ground after 10 minutes...said the train around 7 ish was only two carriages and the one at 7.15 didn't stop at falmer.

Lots of irate peeps around brighton station seemly

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Aren't the P&R buses also nudging forward in a slow moving queue of traffic.???

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
From my seat in the ESL I clapped the players off the pitch, had a wee and a non rushed walk to the train.

Joined the back of the queue for the train which was closer to the shop than the station.

But was still on a train within 25 minutes and was back in Shoreham by 1030pm.

Bloody good effort - well done Mr Train!

Gave a little clap, walked to motorcycle park, jumped on, rode off, lights were with me and home less than 10 mins after the final whistle,
Why is clapping the players relevant???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Best bet. We've all been there. Only if hey? Look back at the past and think only if. That's life and we all meet such wonderful people whether it's travelling or just every day like on the buses or trains but most times it's being friendly and nothing more but we would like it to be.

And sadly, I think that was probably the case here. I'd had a couple, which is a bit unusual for me to be fair, she probably just thought I was a bit of a drunken lout trying to chat her up... I'm sure she's never been in that position before!.... Especially not in the 1901.

Bloom was on our train back to Brighton.

Got photo with him, i'm on the right :banana:

185112_793753542221_256354951_n.jpg

Our chairman is an incredible man.

My brother got to the ground after 10 minutes...said the train around 7 ish was only two carriages and the one at 7.15 didn't stop at falmer.

A lady on my row was about 10 minutes late too. The cheeky chappy next to me said, "what time do you call this?" and she scowled with PURE hatred and spat out, "I've been stuck at Brighton for half an hour, that didn't help". The entire block decided it best to let it drop and let her take her seat without further comment!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

2 coach train leaves at 7.32, arrives at Brighton at 7.15 though - most last night were 3/4 coaches getting to the Amex. Nothing new - always like this for evening games. More capacity after though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I met a girl named Rachel in the queue for the train home, she is a waitress in the 1901. She was abruptly swept away by the crowd at Brighton though, didn't get her number. :down:

Might contact the club, it is rare a lady talks to me for as long as we spent talking! Thanks to the lengthy queues for the train. My only complaint is that the train itself was very qucick into Brighton and then the crowds swarmed and she disappeared. I hopr it wasn't by choice!
Is she a Swindon fan?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We had a leisurely pint in WSU.... then strolled right round the ground... got straight on a train and was sipping a whisky in Lancing by ten past eleven.... no stress at all.

Exactly the same except the pint was in WSL and the whisky was in Portslade at 11. Nearly as good a result as on the pitch.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I could not believe the did it on a match night, clearly causing problem for not just those in cars but the buses and coaches as well. Have to say I was pretty angry and a little embarrassed for the Club

I was on a Seagull Travel coach bound for Worthing. It added half an hour to our journey

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If EVERYBODY gets on the Lewes bound train everybody would get home quicker but no half the people don't get on the train they wait for the next one. Just get on the first train you twats and change at Lewes, its not hard or inconvenient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here