Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Travel To Crewe - London Problems

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
thats cause we are doing it in style. Always try to get to the away game destination by pub opening time at 11am,

however this train will make us 45 minutes late for parade!!

8am is for amatuers :dunce:

Not amatuer, just don't visit the pub, but I too like to think I do it in style :lol:....:rolleyes:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
For those who still need to book up, there's still plenty of cheap tickets on the London/Derby route. You will have to take up the option of collecting them at the station though.

I'm only going back via Derby, not out, so as we've only a 6 minute connection at Derby, I'm collecting them from the machine at Crewe.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
dont visit a pub, I dont understand what that means? does such thing even exist??

Its just nice to make a day of it, even if it does mean yoiu have to spend 10 hours of a day in places like Crewe

To shock you further, there are such things as non-alcoholic drinks on Saturday as well, crazy aye.

No of course it's good to make a day of it. My train gets there about 1.30 which is early enough for me.

Unfortunate I know, but following Brighton means we do have to visit some dreadful places.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
thats cause we are doing it in style. Always try to get to the away game destination by pub opening time at 11am,

however this train will make us 45 minutes late for parade!!

8am is for amatuers :dunce:

6 pints in the pub before a leisurely stroll to the ground ?

8am starts are for those who dont drink or wont get served in the pub :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the 0707 to London Bridge, then getting the Northern Line to St Pancras. I think there was a glitch on the train website, as they made 1st class cheaper than standard class!
No , its because they want to hear GOSBTS in 1st class :thumbsup:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I think there was a glitch on the train website, as they made 1st class cheaper than standard class!

I think it's deliberate.

There are x number of tickets at each advance price category. As far as I can see, there seems to be 2 price bands, both with 1st and Standard seats. The price for a 1st class seat in the cheapest band is cheaper than a seat in Standard class in the 2nd band, so if the cheapest seats in Standard sell out, but the cheapest in 1st don't, then it will be cheaper to go 1st class.

I too, am not complaining :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here