Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train to Lewes

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Didnt try to make the 5-20, and I think the 5-32 terminates at Lewes, then comes back to Brighton, so may as well finish your pint and get the E'bourne one at 5-37

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Lewes direction may be fine, but the Brighton trains are still rammed.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just as well cos us Eastern fans dont have any park and rides.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was looking at Google maps the other day, there's a road called Ashecombe Hollow nearby, couldn't that be made a P&R similar to Mill Road?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Four of us caught the train back on Saturday for the first time. We are WSU, so decided to have a pint in the North Stand after the game. The place was packed. Nice to try something different. Only moan was that the stewards would not let us have a quick peek at the pitch to see what it was like. Being from Haywards Heath, they must have thought we had Forest accents.

Caught a train to Lewes just after Six, no problem. Have to say the atmosphere in our carriage was great. Everyone was singing the Will Buckley going down the wing song. One chap was singing through a traffic cone, painted blue and white.

Stayed in Lewes.Had a good few pints in various pubs and a decent curry in the Spice Merchant.

Got home at midnight.

Happy Days

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
To go Lewes for evening games and the queue's are mad, go Brighton -> Hassocks for 3pm's and its empty going to Lewes. :/

I was looking at Google maps the other day, there's a road called Ashcombe Hollow nearby, couldn't that be made a P&R similar to Mill Road?
Nope. It has a 6'6" width restriction - because it's too narrow to drive a bus along it. With cars parked in it, it's definitely too narrow.

I'm ignoring the fact that it's also the only road from Kingston to the A27, other than the long route via Lewes.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Is there still minimal queueing for the trains back to Lewes after games or is that just the saturday games?
I'm guessing it's worse for evening games. What's the normal queueing time leaving at the final whistle after an evening game?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is there still minimal queueing for the trains back to Lewes after games or is that just the saturday games?
I'm guessing it's worse for evening games. What's the normal queueing time leaving at the final whistle after an evening game?

After the Cardiff game I waited approx 20 mins and got the 2nd train in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem with the trains back after the game for evening games are the connection for Haywards Heath if you are going there so it is quicker to go via Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here