Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train to Lewes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Used the train for first time in a while (been using p+r) and was really surprised how few people there was using the train, no queues at all and this straight after the game, where's everyone gone?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
it has only been the last two saturdays when i have not ended up joining the queue on the bridge and then waiting for about half an hour for a train back to Lewes.

I dont know what has changed so that i basically leave the ground (after final whistle and CMS's little walk around) and walk straight onto a waiting train! Its great :D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Caught the train at 5.30 on Sat without a queue. The trains are only bad for evening games.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The bars around the ground were noticeably busier than normal on Saturday. Last minute winners are great for business clearly!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The magic words are clearly SATURDAY 3pm KICK OFF

Had no problem v Peterborough, Barnsley & Forest but bit of a wait for all the rest in between

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Caught the train at 5.30 on Sat without a queue. The trains are only bad for evening games.

Same. Instead of standing in queue’s for the train or even, god forbid, leaving early. We now stay till the end, have a beer then wonder down and walk straight onto the Lewes train and back in Haywards Heath by 18:10! Lovely!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
it has only been the last two saturdays when i have not ended up joining the queue on the bridge and then waiting for about half an hour for a train back to Lewes.

I dont know what has changed so that i basically leave the ground (after final whistle and CMS's little walk around) and walk straight onto a waiting train! Its great :D

Everyone left to get the train 15-20mins ago, that's what happened.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The magic words are clearly SATURDAY 3pm KICK OFF

Had no problem v Peterborough, Barnsley & Forest but bit of a wait for all the rest in between

Barnsley was a Sunday, so that blows that little theory out of the water.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I caught the 5.32 only coz my mate wanted to buy the new book, so could easily have made the 5.10.
Got in my car and did the 160 miles home with a stop by 8.35
The best option by far.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Getting the train to Lewes is getting better and better. Can only think its to do with all these tossers leaving early and long may it continue. Amazing what a bit of scare mongering on here can do :lol:

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
For 3pm kick offs i think (i could be wrong) but instead of the 17.02 being a 6 car it is now a 8 , and the 17.10 is also now a 8 that splits at lewes ? 4 for eastbourne and 4 for ore , the 17.20 for seaford is now a 4 car instead of 3 , whatever the reason , there is no longer any need to miss the final whistle to catch the train eastbound unless of course it takes you a while to walk down to the station .

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Used the train for first time in a while (been using p+r) and was really surprised how few people there was using the train, no queues at all and this straight after the game, where's everyone gone?

Shhh! Keep it quiet or they won't be that way for long!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I would agree on the 13:55 from London Road, but this was the FIRST time it has been like that. Every other time has been like the Underground in the rush hour, so I'm not sure why it was different this time.

I hope it continues, because I had been getting really grumpy about the train queues, including the lovely experience of being spat on by a Palace fan from the ascending ramp next to the queue.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is excellent news about the train to Lewes. I have a four year old in tow and so am extremely keen to avoid too much queueing time, and have consequently got into the habit of leaving WSU at 90 mins and catching the 17.02 without having to queue at all - being home to Eastbourne not much after 5.30pm.

I would be delighted to change this routine to staying to the end, watching CMS run round, watching the ground empty, having a pint (and another bag of sweets for the boy), and then strolling down to the station to walk straight onto the platform and the next train...

Are the trains at 17.02, 17.10, 17.20 and 17.32...? Is it really true that you can watch the end +CMS, hang around for only a few minutes, and then wander down and walk straight onto the 17.20...? If that is true then it is remarkable and the so-called transport problems are complete myth...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We clapped them off at WSU, down stairs for a beer in WSL, strolled down at 5-25, empty platform and the Eastbourne train was on time at 5-37, didnt stop at Glynde or Berwick, back to Polegate by 6-10 and having more beers in Hailsham by 6-20. It works a treat if you hang around 20 minutes.
Simples

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We clapped them off at WSU, down stairs for a beer in WSL, strolled down at 5-25, empty platform and the Eastbourne train was on time at 5-37, didnt stop at Glynde or Berwick, back to Polegate by 6-10 and having more beers in Hailsham by 6-20. It works a treat if you hang around 20 minutes.
Simples
sounds very good... I'll try it for the Burnley game... if the platform is literally empty at 17.37, then presumably the 17.32 and even the 17.20 are also going to be easy to walk straight onto...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here