Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train problems

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
My other half just rang and said there are problems with mainline trains to Victoria. So perhaps those of you going to the match need to check this out?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Emergency engineering work between Gatwick & East croydon according Southern. That'll be the service f***ed for the rest of the day then.

Emergency engineering work between Gatwick & East croydon according Southern. That'll be the service f***ed for the rest of the day then.

Yes, with delays of up to 30 minutes and some cancellations expected. Will now be driving if I decide to go tonight.

Live running information - Southern railway

There's also a broken down train at Billingshurst disrupting services to Bognor, Littlehampton and Portsmouth so not all bad news.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There was a rail defect at Redhill. In the end my train was only 15 mins late, so its not complete deadlock

You were lucky - my First Crapital Defect "service" was 35 minutes late...at least a) they had the heating on for once b) I've nearly finished my book and c) the boss is away. But still.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You were lucky - my First Crapital Defect "service" was 35 minutes late...at least a) they had the heating on for once b) I've nearly finished my book and c) the boss is away. But still.

My First Crapital Train was only 9 minutes late (same as yesterday) but heating wasn't on again (same as yesterday), fortunately it's not really cold yet.

FC doesn't normally switch the heating on until April and then they keep it running throughout the summer.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
7.15 Gatwick Express was delayed this morning. A broken rail on "The Quarry Line" whatever that is. Assume it's the fast bit that bypasses Redhill as we had to go that way instead.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
7.15 Gatwick Express was delayed this morning. A broken rail on "The Quarry Line" whatever that is. Assume it's the fast bit that bypasses Redhill as we had to go that way instead.
Correct.
30 mins delay this morning but the trains to Leicester are running fine. I've just got to Nottingham for work meeting then back to Leicester for beer, food and footie!
PG

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Aslong as the rattler from Preston Park gets me to Victoria in 71 minutes tonight, I'm happy. Oh & the 2302 would be nice too.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Just my f***ing luck. Was hoping to get the 1658 from Preston Park, picking up a mate at Gatwick then so on. Got there, platform full of students ,beers in hand, freezing cold. Comes up CANCELLED. :glare: 1713 to London Bridge it was. Got to Liverpool Street on the train, to White Hart Lane, they then cancelled that!!! A f***ing nightmare, we then got held in at Seven Sisters, made the 2302 by 3 minutes, :lolol:.

Just my f***ing luck. Was hoping to get the 1658 from Preston Park, picking up a mate at Gatwick then so on. Got there, platform full of students ,beers in hand, freezing cold. Comes up CANCELLED. :glare: 1713 to London Bridge it was. Got to Liverpool Street on the train, to White Hart Lane, they then cancelled that!!! A f***ing nightmare, we then got held in at Seven Sisters, made the 2302 by 3 minutes, :lolol:.

What's with the unnecessary language, PD? And just as I thought your English was improving markedly!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My train was on time and a excellent trouble free journey to boot,i think i got to blackfriars b4 realising i was on the wrong train but as it was such a lovely day the walk back through the eerily quiet streets of london was a pleasure.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Thats the one fella, It runs from Earlswood to just south of Purley.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How come they were f***ed up again today? My train has been between 20 and 35 minutes late every day this week.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
A fatality at East Worthing this morning.

This ruined me. I was on the train heading from Angmering to London and suddenly stopped inbetween Worthing & East Worthing. The train coming the other way had just left East Worthing and hit someone.

We sat there for well over 2 hours and people on our train facing the right way could see the clean-up operation through the window. I finally got into the office about 11:00am.

Had this happened about a minute later we would have made it through and been none the wiser. Although we did also hear that there was a broken down train in the Balcombe Tunnel so we probably would have been delayed either way.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here