Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Guards

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What's their f***ing problem. I met a couple of nice ones but in general they are a bunch of petty, bureacratic, sadistic, power mad xxxxx. I was travelling back from Sheffield today but due to a traffic jam I missed my train so jumped on the next one. This Arse piece with a badge took upon himself to talk to me like a piece of shit and charge me an extra 46 quid. That was nice of him wasn't it. :censored: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Les Biehn said:
What's their f***ing problem. I met a couple of nice ones but in general they are a bunch of petty, bureacratic, sadistic, power mad xxxxx. I was travelling back from Sheffield today but due to a traffic jam I missed my train so jumped on the next one. This Arse piece with a badge took upon himself to talk to me like a piece of shit and charge me an extra 46 quid. That was nice of him wasn't it. :censored: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored:
:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Train Guards

s.stubbs said:

It's not funny:angry: :angry: :angry: Stop laughing

Oh and to cap it all off I lost my MP3 player. Got a good week and a half use out of it though:angry: :angry: :angry: If only I had a spare £46 to buy another one:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No they aren't, very helpful if you're nice to them.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bhaexpress said:
No they aren't, very helpful if you're nice to them.

I'm always helpful and polite, they just seem to act like shitheads. Everyone else I talk to about this issue seems to feel the same.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
yea i bought a student rail ticket in advance back in my tax dodger days, got the train to Derby and some wanker asked for my ticket, showed him it and he wanted my student card which was at home.

So i had to buy a whole new ticket wanker

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The worst bit was he was clearly talking to me like an arse because i was a yoof wearing a hoodie. He quite happily had a joke and a laugh with the couple in front of me who didn't even have tickets. Bastard.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Les Biehn said:
The worst bit was he was clearly talking to me like an arse because i was a yoof wearing a hoodie. He quite happily had a joke and a laugh with the couple in front of me who didn't even have tickets. Bastard.

Ok,

If you wear a hoodie (also a very loud MP3 player) on any train , anywhere, at any time, then you will always make the guard/conductor want to make your life a misery.

We have no end of trouble from xxxxx wearing hoodies/baseball caps, listening to shite music so f***ing loud on their £29.99 MP3 player that it can be heard by the whole carriage. So I'm afraid everyone is tarnished with the same brush.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Virgo's Haircut said:
Ok,

If you wear a hoodie (also a very loud MP3 player) on any train , anywhere, at any time, then you will always make the guard/conductor want to make your life a misery.

We have no end of trouble from xxxxx wearing hoodies/baseball caps, listening to shite music so f***ing loud on their £29.99 MP3 player that it can be heard by the whole carriage. So I'm afraid everyone is tarnished with the same brush.

I wasn't listening to my MP3 player, I was reading the Observer and at no point became aggressive with him. Doesn't sound very Chav like so why after the inital, look at the chav reaction why did he continue to treat me like a prick.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have had a couple of run ins but I ended up having more than one gaurd writing me a personal aplogy, yes, they can be complete tossers, I hate to sound like Oceanic but Asian gaurds are tossers in my experience.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Les Biehn said:
I wasn't listening to my MP3 player, I was reading the Observer and at no point became aggressive with him. Doesn't sound very Chav like so why after the inital, look at the chav reaction why did he continue to treat me like a prick.

What train operator was this? Was your ticket valid?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
bhaexpress said:
I have had a couple of run ins but I ended up having more than one gaurd writing me a personal aplogy, yes, they can be complete tossers, I hate to sound like Oceanic but Asian gaurds are tossers in my experience.

I treat people on the trains how they treat me.

If a passenger comes up to me, and starts swearing at me because the train is late. He (or she) will get told to f*** off.

If on the other hand a person politely asked why the train is delayed then I will explain to them, and keep them informed.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Virgo's Haircut said:
What train operator was this? Was your ticket valid?

Midland Mainline. The ticket said 'Valid at 1510 Hours' but doesn't say the ticket can only be exclusively used at this time. The point however is I missed the train because of a traffic jam, I wasn't fare dodging and clearly didn't need to be rinsed of £46, especially with the train only 30% full. There was no need to do it but he actually seemed to be getting some sadistic pleasure. If he used common sense he could have just said make sure you get the right one next time.

D

Deleted User X18H

Ernest is a train guard.................:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Virgo's Haircut said:
I treat people on the trains how they treat me.

If a passenger comes up to me, and starts swearing at me because the train is late. He (or she) will get told to f*** off.

If on the other hand a person politely asked why the train is delayed then I will explain to them, and keep them informed.

I would never go up to a guard and start swearing. Two most recent incidents have been,

1. Get to the platform 45 seconds before the train is supposed to leave (Brighton station), the doors are already closed so I go up to the guard on the platform and say why are the doors clossed its not 14:47. He looks at the clock til it gets to 14:47 and smuggly says 'it is now'

2. There was a masive que at Wivelsfield so the guy said don't worry get it at the other end. So go to the fares thing at Brighton and the guy starts giving me loads of hassle, being pretty abusive but finally gives me my ticket so I have a pop back at him. Next thing 3 fit birds come up 'we haven't got a ticket' 'don't worry girls, no problem, where have you travelled in from' Wanker.

Last edited:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Les Biehn said:
Midland Mainline. The ticket said 'Valid at 1510 Hours' but doesn't say the ticket can only be exclusively used at this time. The point however is I missed the train because of a traffic jam, I wasn't fare dodging and clearly didn't need to be rinsed of £46, especially with the train only 30% full. There was no need to do it but he actually seemed to be getting some sadistic pleasure. If he used common sense he could have just said make sure you get the right one next time.

Ah right, well then I do have sympathy for you.

Not all guards are the same though. Yes I know some of my colleagues do take pleasure in making "chav" type peoples life hell if they step foot on a train. I must admit if I catch one of the little shits without a ticket, and I'm having a bad day, I do enjoy throwing them off at Southease.

Normally though I can't be bothered and just sit and read the paper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here