Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train getting lost - 1816 London Bridge

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Was anyone on the 1816 out of London Bridge tonight?

I was on it and we had to stop outside South Bermondsey, and reverse back. I had my Ipod on so didn't hear any exaplantaion from the conductor though she didn't seem to offer any later. Did feel like the driver had made a wrong turn.

Anyone know what happened?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Was anyone on the 1816 out of London Bridge tonight?

I was on it and we had to stop outside South Bermondsey, and reverse back. I had my Ipod on so didn't hear any exaplantaion from the conductor though she didn't seem to offer any later. Did feel like the driver had made a wrong turn.

Anyone know what happened?

Don't think they can make a wrong turn. It's down to whoever's working the points, isn't it?

Any chance a train broke down infront and so it had to go an alternative route?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Same thing happened to me some years ago on a train to Sussex from Victoria, took the wrong line after Redhill, stopped and reversed back. The guard wandered through the train explaining what had happened, I was more worried that we would reverse into a following train that had stopped at a red light.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Don't think they can make a wrong turn. It's down to whoever's working the points, isn't it?

Quite right, The drivers start and stop the train but the signalman steers it. It's not an unknown occurance to set the wrong route for a train we all do it from time to time. :blush:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's not an unknown occurance to set the wrong route for a train we all do it from time to time. :blush:
:lolol:

Can you set the route wrong for the 0647 Brighton to Victoria service tomorrow please? I'd love a magical mystery tour instead of going to the office.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Can you set the route wrong for the 0647 Brighton to Victoria service tomorrow please? I'd love a magical mystery tour instead of going to the office.

Blimey - someone else who usually gets that train! I'm the one who usually falls asleep by Haywards Heath and wakes up with a dry mouth at Clapham.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Blimey - someone else who usually gets that train! I'm the one who usually falls asleep by Haywards Heath and wakes up with a dry mouth at Clapham.

I'm normally snoring and dribbling by Burgess Hill

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Anybody coming home from London woken up at Barnham or Eastbourne? Not me.

But I have met people back from the pub and catching the first train between Rugby and Milton Keynes and ended up in Sussex. The used to be a through train from the north to Gatwick and the south.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Could any pissed/useless signalman PLEASE send tomorrow's 7.50 Thameslink through the Channel Tunnel instead of off to London? Listen: I'll PAY.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
150054rwyvwcr9.jpg

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
coming back from Millmoor some seasons back the train we were sharing with Millwall who had been to Sheff Unt went the wrong way

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes I was on that last night, pissed me right off seeing as I have to run to catch that train. I did work out what happened when the train was sat at an unfamiliar station for 20 minutes and then the driver walked past me to the back of the train. The excuse given was 'driver error'.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yes I was on that last night, pissed me right off seeing as I have to run to catch that train. I did work out what happened when the train was sat at an unfamiliar station for 20 minutes and then the driver walked past me to the back of the train. The excuse given was 'driver error'.

how the hell can it be "driver error" ? He's only got two buttons, start and stop, a fecking monkey could work it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here