Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train enquiry sites

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Please excuse us: we have closed the site early this evening in order to undertake some essential engineering works.
The site will be up again tomorrow as usual.

:(

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Just a quick query on trainline.com prices

I'm planning a journey that would usually cost £109, but have a railcard that would reduce it to £72 if I bought a ticket at a Southern Railway station

My query is would I get another discount on the £72 fare if I booked with trainline.com?

I've sent them an e-mail but hoped the NSC sages might have the inside track...

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I'm planning a journey that would usually cost £109, but have a railcard that would reduce it to £72 if I bought a ticket at a Southern Railway station

My query is woud I get another discount on the £72 fare if I booked with trainline.com?

I find its usually cheaper to break the journey up and buy the tickets direct from the service provider. And I'm pretty sure you can use your rail card in that way also.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
National Rail site was down again on Wednesday throughout the day.

My query is would I get another discount on the £72 fare if I booked with trainline.com?

The train ticketing system is a farce. Yet learn how to play it, using hidden tricks, and you'll save a fortune. For example, in just a few minutes, you can cut the London to Penzance return fare from the £260 listed as cheapest to around £50. This is a full step-by-step guide to railroading (sorry) down train fares.

Cheap Train Tickets: how to find hidden fares...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't trust any of those sites at all. I booked tickets for my wife a few months ago (during Engineering works) and was able to find a much much faster route than the site gave me.

Especially when Engineering works are taking place, simply don't accept the route given.

Google a national rail map and work it out for yourself.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Good luck on getting a reply. Where are you travelling from and to?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

When you request prices on trainline you indicate how many people in the party and which railcard you have, if any. It then prices appropriately. I know it works with a Family Railcard for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here