Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train delays brighton to london

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes indeed, just got back from the station at Shoreham and will wait for this mess to be sorted out.

Need to get to London for a nice free supplier meal tonight.

Grrrr and at Shoreham rail staff just advised broken down train, not in the tunnel

According to SR website should get sorted by 0800

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My wife has just texted no trains running out of Brighton, she is now going via Lewes (hoping train is stuck before intersection).

I believe it is stuck in Haywards Heath tunnel so she could still have a severe delay.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I believe it is stuck in Haywards Heath tunnel so she could still have a severe delay.

She said the concourse was rammed as no trains had left for London for over an hour, so felt Lewes may not be as insane when trains start. Sounds like a morning game of British bulldog will play out soon for a seat to our capital city.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks OK now the 0759 from Shoreham to Victoria is advertised as leaving at 08:01

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Feel for the missis, annoying you cannot get an alarm clock linked to rail enquires that automatically ajusts the alarm dependent on delays, oh well she only has three days to go..

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes indeed, just got back from the station at Shoreham and will wait for this mess to be sorted out.

Need to get to London for a nice free supplier meal tonight.

Grrrr and at Shoreham rail staff just advised broken down train, not in the tunnel

According to SR website should get sorted by 0800

Just got home again. Was on my usual 6:22 at Shoreham, then thrown off at Preston Park. People were advised that trains were travelling up (then, why cancel ours ?), but the Gatwick Express arrived and just sat at PP. I decided to give up and waited for 1/2 hour to get back into Brighton, the Gatwick Express was still sitting there as I left PP. There were many, many people on Brighton station when I got there.

Have said it before, but this last year has been the absolute worst in my 23 years of commuting. Just can't rely on them these days at all.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just got home again. Was on my usual 6:22 at Shoreham, then thrown off at Preston Park. People were advised that trains were travelling up (then, why cancel ours ?), but the Gatwick Express arrived and just sat at PP. I decided to give up and waited for 1/2 hour to get back into Brighton, the Gatwick Express was still sitting there as I left PP. There were many, many people on Brighton station when I got there.

Have said it before, but this last year has been the absolute worst in my 23 years of commuting. Just can't rely on them these days at all.

It does feel like they just give up when they hit problems these days. Why no attempt to run a fast service up the Arun Valley ? The message at the station this morning was delays up to 90 minutes !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Looks OK now the 0759 from Shoreham to Victoria is advertised as leaving at 08:01

:lolol: yeah, but then it'll be stuck on stretch somewhere, delayed by the dozen late trains.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think I will go for the 0843

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My wife is on a train from Eastbourne to London that appears to be moving, She said very little information at Brighton Station, hopefully by the end of the week all you commutors get some time off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It does feel like they just give up when they hit problems these days. Why no attempt to run a fast service up the Arun Valley ? The message at the station this morning was delays up to 90 minutes !

have to disagree with that, quite often they seem to do what they can. one occasion the line south of HH was shut so they sent the littlehampton half normally at the front of the LH/Eastbourne train off to Eastbourne. on another (the balcombe tunnel collapse iirc) they were running services from Brighton along the coast and up via Hastings/Tunbridge. i imagine its tricky to re-route trains on busy lines, will it make it any easier for people, will they know? if they say a delay is 90 min, surely thats good, you know where you stand.

my biggest bugbear is when theres no information, especially at Victoria.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It does feel like they just give up when they hit problems these days.

It certainly feels worse than is used to. Was talking to a chap on PP station this mornig who was sying that it's got worse sicnethe goverment stopped putting money into the franchises, but I don't know how true that it. Of course, all the stoppages are not Southerns fault, it a complex thing between them and Railtrack, then with a seemingly increase in the number of jumpers, it can't be easy - but they still seem rather incompetant.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It certainly feels worse than is used to. Was talking to a chap on PP station this mornig who was sying that it's got worse sicnethe goverment stopped putting money into the franchises, but I don't know how true that it. Of course, all the stoppages are not Southerns fault, it a complex thing between them and Railtrack, then with a seemingly increase in the number of jumpers, it can't be easy - but they still seem rather incompetant.

NetworkRail, Railtrack was wound up a while back

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
have to disagree with that, quite often they seem to do what they can. one occasion the line south of HH was shut so they sent the littlehampton half normally at the front of the LH/Eastbourne train off to Eastbourne. on another (the balcombe tunnel collapse iirc) they were running services from Brighton along the coast and up via Hastings/Tunbridge. i imagine its tricky to re-route trains on busy lines, will it make it any easier for people, will they know? if they say a delay is 90 min, surely thats good, you know where you stand.

my biggest bugbear is when theres no information, especially at Victoria.

I have been commuting for the best part of 20 years. They can do better and often do, but this is the second incident in a week and the response is poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here