Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train CHAOS this morning

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
How you people do commuting to London day in day out I don't know.
You have got more patience than I have.
Last time I went up in the rush hour there was an announcement.
"We apologise for the delay to your service. This is due to the driver being delayed on the delayed train from Bedford"

Been doing it for 22 years now, with a 18 month gap driving to Crawley in the middle. Each year I tell myself this will be the last, but I can never manage to break the sequence.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice of the trains to introduce their emergency timetables just as the worst of the weather seems to be passing, thereby making the service infinitely worse. it was great for the first couple of days of 'adverse weather conditions' when the sheer volume of trains going up and down the line negated their random arrival times. Friday I got one that was just under an hour later. Wasn't expecting it and got an entire carriage to myself all the way to Haywards Heath. Monday I got another randomly appearing train that was 25 minutes late. Once your on board its fine, they rarely get any later. But this morning, thanks to the crappy emergency timetable had to stand all the way to East Croydump.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been doing it for 22 years now, with a 18 month gap driving to Crawley in the middle. Each year I tell myself this will be the last, but I can never manage to break the sequence.

Being doing Shoreham to London for 16 years and did London to Birmigham for 2 years.

Actually don't mind it as I have a few hours a day to read, sleep, listen to music or work where it is my actual time for a change.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
bit suprised southern havnt updated folk on the current situation but in short theres not enough working trains in service atm due to ice forming around the trains electrical big bits,then melting thus causing shortage internaly ,or in laymans they went big baddaboom.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Chaos, disaster, absolute nightmare - what a bunch of soft southern shites. What's wrong with frustrating and inconvenient a few train delays are hardly life threatening and yes I had to commute to London the past couple of days as well.

My own personal record was nearly 6 hours from Victoria to Shoreham, when my train got diverted down the Adur Valley line after a jumper at Haywards Heath blocked the Brighton line. My train then got stuck as the one in front had hit a cow. When I eventually got back to Shoreham, a seagull crapped on my head, as I got off the train and no I didn't bleat about it (well maybe a little):lol:

Rumour has it that the garment was a cardigan. :wink:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Being doing Shoreham to London for 16 years and did London to Birmigham for 2 years.

Actually don't mind it as I have a few hours a day to read, sleep, listen to music or work where it is my actual time for a change.

Rather than be on NSC you mean!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
If anyone hears of the Haywards Heath -> Lewes line opening again today then please let NSC know

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice of the trains to introduce their emergency timetables just as the worst of the weather seems to be passing, thereby making the service infinitely worse. it was great for the first couple of days of 'adverse weather conditions' when the sheer volume of trains going up and down the line negated their random arrival times. Friday I got one that was just under an hour later. Wasn't expecting it and got an entire carriage to myself all the way to Haywards Heath. Monday I got another randomly appearing train that was 25 minutes late. Once your on board its fine, they rarely get any later. But this morning, thanks to the crappy emergency timetable had to stand all the way to East Croydump.

Indeed, 3 days after the big dump of snow, they introduce the Emergency Timetable on the West Coastway.. the coastal strip between Brighton and Pompey was possibly the least weather affected part of the country !

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I wouldn't be that bad if the website's were correct. Last night there was supposed to be one train a hour from Durrington to Brighton at ten to the hour, when I got there there was no sign of it and the next one at 22 minutes past

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Loads of cancellations when I was trying to get back last night. Eventually I got to Brighton station at 10.40, and the coastline one to take me along to Portslade was due to leave at 11.00. Not too bad then I thought. So I board the train, sit there till 11 and the train hasn't moved. Eventually it got going at 11.15, only to terminate one stop later, at Hove. Genius. They changed the schedule on it without saying a DICKYBIRD to anyone already on it. Had I known I was going to sit there for 35 minutes to travel one stop, I'd have got a f***ing bus.

I truley pity commuters. If I had to put up with that shambles regularly, I'd end up hitting people.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I truley pity commuters. If I had to put up with that shambles regularly, I'd end up hitting people.

The train was so crowded going into London yesterday that I genuinely thought a fist fight was going to break out at Clapham Junction - tempers were getting mighty frayed.

I'm working from home until mid-January now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wish I'd checked here this morning before heading to the station. I went in late as I had a call out in the middle of the night, and the depatures board read "Delayed, Delayed, Cancelled, Delayed, Cancelled, Cancelled"

Came home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here