Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Alert - Person Hit by Train at Portslade

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Would be quite refreshing to hear someone in authority say such a thing though. The message that you cannot win in a Man/Woman Vs train tournament might just get across!!

Yes it is a shame that saying what everyone else is thinking is considered a punishable offence in positions of authority. It should be in everyone's best interests to point out utter stupidity in situations like this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unfortunately, no amount of official advice from a spokesperson is going to male a blind bit of difference to someone who is enough of a complete WEAPON to cross a railway track.

But I know they have to trot it out.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The comments regarding the advice does put me in mind of my favourite scene from The Young Ones... Vivian has just pushed a hippy into the fridge and shut the door. Cue compulsory warning message re don't try this at home... "The BBC would like to warn small children that pushing people into refrigerators is a bloody stupid thing to do". Fantastic!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The comments regarding the advice does put me in mind of my favourite scene from The Young Ones... Vivian has just pushed a hippy into the fridge and shut the door. Cue compulsory warning message re don't try this at home... "The BBC would like to warn small children that pushing people into refrigerators is a bloody stupid thing to do". Fantastic!

:thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

love your avatar

"The BBC would like to warn small children that pushing people into refrigerators is a bloody stupid thing to do". Fantastic!
And so they should. I remember reading many years ago of a case where children locked a kid in a fly-tipped fridge for a prank and went away, meaning to return later and release him. Obviously they didn't realize how airtight the things are designed to be, and the poor kid died, probably within a few minutes.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
What a f***ing IMBECILE

Southern should SUE him

Without wanting to stereotype all people who wear white trackies in public, but do you think he's got enough money on him to make a lawsuit worthwhile?

I agree though that he is a right lemon-munching thunder-dunce.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And so they should. I remember reading many years ago of a case where children locked a kid in a fly-tipped fridge for a prank and went away, meaning to return later and release him. Obviously they didn't realize how airtight the things are designed to be, and the poor kid died, probably within a few minutes.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree though that he is a right lemon-munching thunder-dunce.

World class. :lolol:

RIP to the fella though, however much of a plum he was in causing his own death, it's still extremely sad for the family, his friends and the train driver. To be fair, I most feel for the train driver who will never forget this and it's not his fault at ALL. Very sad story.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Selfish to the end

If you mean suicide, I never get this attitude. If someone is that desperate that they are willing to take their own life, they won't make the link between what they are doing and how it will affect commuters, or people needing to get somewhere on a train.

However, in this case, it wasn't suicide, it was a terrible misjudgement, but the sounds of it. RIP man.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne

I would think more the scene when they are on a train and Vivian reads "Do not stick your head out the window" ..."I wonder why?" sticking his head out to get it chopped off by a passing train...classic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here