Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Alert - Person Hit by Train at Portslade

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just in case anyone is planning on using the train this afternoon between Hove and Worthing, all lines shut and services suspended due to a one under at Portslade.

Portslade Level Crossing and a couple of roads around the station are also shut.

Not nice :down:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Air ambulance just left having landed in the carpark of the EDF energy building. All traffic being diverted, buses either up Hallyburton or down Victoria Road.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do they still have those vertical full barriers that I remember so vividly clattering down in the 1970s, or can pedestrians now cross when a train is due?

It's still the clattering barriers.

I don't think the incident was on the crossing as while the barriers were down, the crossing was clear. I think the incident must have been from one of the platforms.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's still the clattering barriers.

I don't think the incident was on the crossing as while the barriers were down, the crossing was clear. I think the incident must have been from one of the platforms.

According to The Argus, it was a man crossing the tracks at the stations who was hit by a train. From what i have heard it may have involved 2 trains, as a Southampton to Brighton service which passed Portslade at the same time as the incident was terminated due to the incident up the line at Hove.

Got better with the trains too, as at 4.20, Brighton Station was closed for about 20 minutes because of fire alarms sounding.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My source on the scene reported man crushed between platform and train. She said "not pleasant".

More to follow (That's all I have).

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Classic full front page pic on the Argus of him crushed between the train and platform yesterday. In America he'd be receiving a hefty bill for all the trouble and expense he put the emergency services and railway through (if he survives that is)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A Southern spokeswoman said: “Crossing live railway tracks at any time is extremely dangerous. Passengers should always use designated underpasses and footbridges at stations when crossing from one platform to another.”

Thank GOD we have these people to guide us through our lives with their wise words. I just don't know what we'd do without them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Classic full front page pic on the Argus of him crushed between the train and platform yesterday. In America he'd be receiving a hefty bill for all the trouble and expense he put the emergency services and railway through (if he survives that is)

An excellent idea and one I approve of.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What a fuckwit.

Quite.

- - - Updated - - -

A Southern spokeswoman said: “Crossing live railway tracks at any time is extremely dangerous. Passengers should always use designated underpasses and footbridges at stations when crossing from one platform to another.”

Thank GOD we have these people to guide us through our lives with their wise words. I just don't know what we'd do without them.

Clearly some people are still stupid enough to do otherwise.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This guy is obviously a prime example of exactly why we do have such H&S guidance etc.

There is an horrific bit of footage on YouTube which I know some electrical contractors use in their safety briefings about what touching a live rail can do to you. I won't post it, but search for 'Man Electrocutes Himself On Train - India' if you were interested in what a high voltage electrocution looks like.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Come on now, behave. She couldn''t say what she wanted to, could she? She could hardly have said, "What on EARTH is wrong with this prick? For a start, it's dangerous and anyone can see that, but secondly did he not spot the TRAIN already there? What on earth did he think he was going to achieve? Spanners like this are such a waste of everyone's time, they go and get themselves stuck through their selfish and thick actions and then everyone around them suffers. People can't get home, the train driver needs time off to recover emotionally and the emergency services get to meet another special character not really deserving their best efforts. What a total CJTC."

She'd get the can. But be considered a National hero for her cander and honesty!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This guy is obviously a prime example of exactly why we do have such H&S guidance etc.

There is an horrific bit of footage on YouTube which I know some electrical contractors use in their safety briefings about what touching a live rail can do to you. I won't post it, but search for 'Man Electrocutes Himself On Train - India' if you were interested in what a high voltage electrocution looks like.

Wow , just watched that. Death instantly. Probably not a bad way to go

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Come on now, behave. She couldn''t say what she wanted to, could she? She could hardly have said, "What on EARTH is wrong with this prick? For a start, it's dangerous and anyone can see that, but secondly did he not spot the TRAIN already there? What on earth did he think he was going to achieve? Spanners like this are such a waste of everyone's time, they go and get themselves stuck through their selfish and thick actions and then everyone around them suffers. People can't get home, the train driver needs time off to recover emotionally and the emergency services get to meet another special character not really deserving their best efforts. What a total CJTC."

She'd get the can. But be considered a National hero for her cander and honesty!

Would be quite refreshing to hear someone in authority say such a thing though. The message that you cannot win in a Man/Woman Vs train tournament might just get across!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Would be quite refreshing to hear someone in authority say such a thing though. The message that you cannot win in a Man/Woman Vs train tournament might just get across!!

My thoughts exactly. Harsh as though it may sound, why attempt to defend this guy? Why attempt to pretend that he isn't WHOLLY responsible and that people need to be more aware. His actions have massive consequences on everyone else and that is a point I would have been in a rush to make if I were the spokesperson. I would be pointing out that Southern encounter enough delays without people crushing themselves against platforms for no reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here