Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Advice Help please

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I normally come in by coach but have a night out in the city after the Borough game. Do I just ned to buy a voucher to use the train?. What are the trains like after the game (wont leave before FT)?.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
No point buying a voucher you dont need to show them, I'm in the north stand and once whistle blows I run for the train and most time I get on the 1st one if not I def get on the second, so it may be better if you left dead on 90 mins if you did need to get away sooner.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Fare evasion is a criminal offence

Very much this. I used to use the train to Gatwick and most days you could get off the train and go into the airport and not see a ticket inspector. One day the revenue protection officers were there mob-handed and were checking everyone. I would think that one day they will do it at Falmer and bag a fair number of dodgers.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Very much this. I used to use the train to Gatwick and most days you could get off the train and go into the airport and not see a ticket inspector. One day the revenue protection officers were there mob-handed and were checking everyone. I would think that one day they will do it at Falmer and bag a fair number of dodgers.

And this board will be in meltdown as all the fare dodgers are bleating about their £40 fines

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
No point buying a voucher you dont need to show them, I'm in the north stand and once whistle blows I run for the train and most time I get on the 1st one if not I def get on the second, so it may be better if you left dead on 90 mins if you did need to get away sooner.

Thanks for that, I am also North Stand so i'll race you.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Train Help Please.

Is this groundhog day ?

Hey Beach Hut, no offence but yes I did post it twice. Went back on earlier and could not find this mornings post anywhere. Even under my profile details. Thanks for the advice, see you on the choo choo.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hey Beach Hut, no offence but yes I did post it twice. Went back on earlier and could not find this mornings post anywhere. Even under my profile details. Thanks for the advice, see you on the choo choo.....

Doesn't bother me, what did was a near senior moment when I knew I had replied but it wasn't there

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Travel vouchers never checked, and they are never going to hold up trains whilst checking hundreds of vouchers/tickets.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was pleased to see they checked vouchers at Lewes on the way out and collected them on the way back last Saturday for the very first time

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
And this board will be in meltdown as all the fare dodgers are bleating about their £40 fines

Bit more than that generally. Most people don't appear or respond and so are fined of the basis of average weekly wage of £350.
Wilful avoidance of fare is a band B fine, so £350, plus costs (around £85) and £15 victim surcharge. Plus the cost of the fare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here