Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic Nightmare

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On Skysports news this morning, they said that the M4 is absolutley chocker. Two sets of London fans and Bank Holiday traffic.

The reporter said that there were West Ham and Palace scarves strewn all over the Motorway as fans opened windows "forgetting" that they had scarves hanging from them!:lol:

He also mentioned that there was the odd Brighton scarf as many Seagulls were making a weekend of it!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I've just been told that the team coach took 6hours yesterday.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
On it all the time and yeah many supporters,but was at a stand still at mid-day yesterday at maidenhead due to 3 lanes into 2 grrrrrr.:)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
talking to some cardiff based bt staff yesterday
they said it would be better just to go for a drink
or get something to eat after the game because
it can take 3 hrs to move 12 miles...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush did text me to say the road works after the Severn Bridge were horrendous.

The warning is floating around on another thread somewhere.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I was called by a West Ham supporting mate just after 2pm and he was stationary on the M4 near Bristol and still miles from the Severn crossing - no chance of making the first half and marginal for the secon poor sod. It ain't likely to be much better tomorrow.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Avoiding M4 until I get Newport, I'm taking the longer but much quicker route Cambridge-Birmingham-M5-Monmouth-Cardiff

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
CP 0 3 BHA said:
I was called by a West Ham supporting mate just after 2pm and he was stationary on the M4 near Bristol and still miles from the Severn crossing - no chance of making the first half and marginal for the secon poor sod. It ain't likely to be much better tomorrow.

What time did he leave home this morning?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I'd leave at the crack of dawn if I were you. The radio reports of the traffic on the M4 have been really bad today.

No point in risking being stuck on the motorway just for the sake of an extra hours sleep. Get here nice and early, have something to eat, relax in the sunshine in the castle grounds and be ready for the pubs when they open.

Marvellous scenes!

:clap2: :drink: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here