Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic last night.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Before anyone says another moan...it is NOT,it's just an OBSERVATION that I noticed last night that never came to mind before. Last night on leaving the car park the queue was tremendous due to the timing of the lights at the end of village way and that was with only about 500 people there,what is it going to be like on a full house?
The possible answer could be re timing the lights,do any of the wisemen on here know the logistics of doing this?
Yes yes,I know,go by train or park n ride then...been there and done that thanks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did everyone leave at the same time last night? I'm assuming they didn't leave the bars and restaurants open until late?

The idea, I think, is that there won't be the mad rush to leave, bars will be open after the game, some will leave right away, some will hang out in the bars, there are comments on the disabled parking thread that suggests some of the disabled people will have to hang around anyway, waiting for the rush to clear before they can leave.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm sure I read somewhere that the lights can be programmed to be more favourable to traffic leaving the stadium at peak times.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well there wont b tht many more leaving from tht area...and re coaches..maybe the police will b directing the traffic...who knows? i am sure the club know what they r doing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The lights were a temporary set, put up due to road works.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Fans won't be parking their cars at the stadium though.
If just 3 buses get out before the lights change again, there'll be far more fans than however many cars could depart will be carrying.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I thought the idea of this stadium was for people to use public transport if they possibly could. Some people just can't bear the thought of not using their beloved cars. Try it , it does work!!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The lights were a temporary set, put up due to road works.

The lights were four-way, hence the queues. When I left it looked like the workforce were burning off the ghost island markings in the middle of the road, possibly to extend the right turn lane into the stadium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The lights were four-way, hence the queues. When I left it looked like the workforce were burning off the ghost island markings in the middle of the road, possibly to extend the right turn lane into the stadium.

Burning off the ghost island markings. What a great lyric.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought the idea of this stadium was for people to use public transport if they possibly could. Some people just can't bear the thought of not using their beloved cars. Try it , it does work!!

Try not to be such a patronising twat-of course we know it works-but not when some of us have a 60 mile journey to get home.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
and some still use public transport for the 60-mile journey home with no problems :wave::wave:

Smug git! Bloody easy for you yokels.:hilton: Falmer-Brighton-Gatwick-Guildford or Falmer-Burgess Hill/Haywards heath-Gatwick or Redhill-Guildford. Home after 00:30.

Nah, I'll take the car.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It might work,love to use public transport but then there would be no point in having a Motobility car would there.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Not looking forward to bus into Leeds for the 7.35to kkross, then tube to London bridge, then capital connect to Brighton every other Saturday! now the bastards at flymay be have stopped Leeds to gatwick flight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here