Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Track and trace - 1901 East Stand?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Has it been ruled out yet that this could be a Care or NHS worker, or someone else that is getting tested regularly, whether or not they have symptoms?

If that hasn't been ruled out then some jumping to conclusions is going on and perhaps explains the deleted tweet. But if is definitely someone that went along knowing they had some symptoms and were waiting on a test result...then I hope they get suitably dealt with.

Personally I am suprised they are using the lounges at all, especially considering the sensitivity and need to avoid any outbreaks from allowing supporters back. If I get the chance I will go - by car, straight through the concourse to my outdoors and socially distanced seat. I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR a lounge (even if I had the choice). But I presume this is about the £££

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Classic NSC this thread.

Gets reported and the poster is shouted down by some as bollocks for no other reason than their post count.

Is confirmed and people start jumping to massive conclusions including asking for lifetime bans.

NSC judge, jury and executioner!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Classic NSC this thread.

Gets reported and the poster is shouted down by some as bollocks for no other reason than their post count.

Is confirmed and people start jumping to massive conclusions including asking for lifetime bans.

NSC judge, jury and executioner!

Classic NSC, no one has jumped to any conclusions other than ‘supposed’ info. from the OP and a tweet. No one has asked for a lifetime ban. :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Classic NSC, no one has jumped to any conclusions other than ‘supposed’ info. from the OP and a tweet. No one has asked for a lifetime ban. :lolol:

Yes they have on both counts. See numerous posts about jumping to conclusions, no one knows for definite this person knowingly went to the game awaiting test results. Even if they did as someone above mentions it could quite easily be someone who is routinely tested and was at the time asymptomatic.

Post 78 is suggesting a lifetime ban.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes they have on both counts. See numerous posts about jumping to conclusions, no one knows for definite this person knowingly went to the game awaiting test results. Even if they did as someone above mentions it could quite easily be someone who is routinely tested and was at the time asymptomatic.

Just running through scenarios suggested by different sources, no doubt the sources could be rubbish. The circumstances could have various reasons. Post 78 doesn’t say they should get a lifetime ban, just says presumably they will. Not exactly judge jury and executioner.

If it’s made up bollocks, it’s a pretty poor prank in the current climate.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just running through scenarios suggested by different sources, no doubt the sources could be rubbish. The circumstances could have various reasons. Post 78 doesn’t say they should get a lifetime ban, just says presumably they will. Not exactly judge jury and executioner.

Absolutely. I don't know.....like everyone else on this thread I would expect.

It could be that this person has gone to the game knowing they might have covid and has knackered the next couple of weeks for numerous people as the tweet suggests. It could also be that that isn't the case at all, patient 0 has done as he or she should and unfortunately several people are caught up in it through no fault of their own and now have to isolate through sheer bad luck.

Either way its a shit for those involved.

If it’s made up bollocks, it’s a pretty poor prank in the current climate.

I don't think anyone is suggesting its a prank or made up bollocks are they?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely. I don't know.....like everyone else on this thread I would expect.

It could be that this person has gone to the game knowing they might have covid and has knackered the next couple of weeks for numerous people as the tweet suggests. It could also be that that isn't the case at all, patient 0 has done as he or she should and unfortunately several people are caught up in it through no fault of their own and now have to isolate through sheer bad luck.

Either way its a shit for those involved.

I don't think anyone is suggesting its a prank or made up bollocks are they?

The part that someone went who was waiting for a test result could be made up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wouldn’t be that surprised if the police are involved. There’s going to be a lot of pissed off people who are having to self isolate potentially because of a selfish idiot.

My next door neighbour has a son who is 6 and they had to close his class for two weeks last month, and a class two year's higher and two secondary school years because some dickhead father had tested positive and decided it was ok to send his four children to school before they had their test results back - is it any wonder things are getting worse everyday down here.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My next door neighbour has a son who is 6 and they had to close his class for two weeks last month, and a class two year's higher and two secondary school years because some dickhead father had tested positive and decided it was ok to send his four children to school before they had their test results back - is it any wonder things are getting worse everyday down here.

Some people will never understand, and are too lazy or thick to think that it is not everyone else, it is them that’s the problem

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This is how I interpret the latest change to isolation rules......

Based on the latest advice released today from the Chief Medical officer, anyone who has been informed via the NHS App that they may have been close to a Covid carrier on the 7th December should self-isolate until Friday 18th (possibly Thurs 17th). (when the App says 3 days remaining)

UK Chief Medical Officers' statement on the self-isolation period:
On Monday 14 December, the change to the isolation period for contacts will apply to all those who are currently self-isolating including those who commenced self-isolation before Monday.

"Self-isolation periods will begin on the day after exposure, a test or the start of symptoms.
If you have been advised to isolate by the app (and not by NHS Test and Trace) then you can leave isolation when your isolation countdown timer says 3 days."

So anyone who got pinged after being in the Sun Harvest Lounge for the Saints game will be safe to go the Sheffield United game if they are lucky enough to have a ticket.

*n.b. this is only my understanding of what I've read today.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Can you just explain the highlighted part because it makes no sense.

If you've had a test but not yet got the results and then go about your business as usual, you 'knowingly' are doing it when you could be infected. If this is the case and the club are able to identify that person then yes, they should receive a ban, probably not for life but at least for this and next season.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It seems entirely possible to me that someone might have developed a hacking cough on Tuesday, gone and got a test and been found positive.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that. The same could literally happen to anyone who goes - that's the risk.

That said, all the arguments for opening football grounds were about it being an open space. If you chase the £££ by opening corporate lounges it's asking for trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

If you've had a test but not yet got the results and then go about your business as usual, you 'knowingly' are doing it when you could be infected. If this is the case and the club are able to identify that person then yes, they should receive a ban, probably not for life but at least for this and next season.

They're saying we don't know if they did have a test then go to football before they got the result. We don't know who it was or how they came to be found to positive. It's just people jumping to conclusions.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That said, all the arguments for opening football grounds were about it being an open space. If you chase the £££ by opening corporate lounges it's asking for trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I posted the very same when they announced fans were coming back. They should have scrapped 1901 and just treated them the same as season ticket holders for the rest of the season. Opening lounges was pointless.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

My wife is tested weekly as she is a care worker - are you suggesting that after she has been tested and is awaiting the result she should "isolate"? If all NHS and care workers had to do that then hospitals and homes would grind to a halt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here