Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toys from one's childhood.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I was on a waiting list at a toy shop in Portland road for weeks to get a rubiks cube

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
These:

pog_pack_b.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Scalextrix, Subbuteo, Meccano... my first three real remembrances.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hugo FFS where is the thread of you wanking over that banner from the old residents

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The Thunderbird Island Playset

tbs1.jpg

This was just about when the Thunderbirds fad was re-emerging in the late nineties/early *grimace* noughties.

Who else would turn down the fact of having your own Thunderbird Island? With all the thunderbirds present (except for Thunderbird 5) as well as their secret launch areas!

Oh and there was also toy soldiers, not the tin ones of old eras, but the modern day plastic ones which never stood upright and always broke.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
anyone remember this:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Still have all three in my mums loft in EP. I must rummage up there soon... got so much Brighton memorabilia it's unbelievable.
Haha I reckon I could blast a subbuteo player into f***ing orbit with a flick now

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The Thunderbird Island Playset

tbs1.jpg

This was just about when the Thunderbirds fad was re-emerging in the late nineties/early *grimace* noughties.

Who else would turn down the fact of having your own Thunderbird Island? With all the thunderbirds present (except for Thunderbird 5) as well as their secret launch areas!

Oh and there was also toy soldiers, not the tin ones of old eras, but the modern day plastic ones which never stood upright and always broke.
Yeah haha I used to always get too many of the boring squatting ones with the big radio

Minic motorways anyone?

Made by Triang, who couldn't really decide whether it was intended to be a smaller version of Scalextrix for mini boy racers, or an "add on" to their train sets. As a result there was a variety of vehicles ranging from E-Type jag and Aston Martin to a Routemaster bus and I believe a Sentinel steam lorry that puffed out smoke like some of their steam railway locos used to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here