Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toyota

After the recent problems, would you buy a Toyota?

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No, but I wouldn't have bought one before either

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think I would buy Toyota anyway.

These various recalls that have now been going on for a few months, I wonder if there are going to be a multitude of lawsuits, if one is able to prove that a certain manufacturer is at fault for causing or contributing to an accident.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I don't think I would buy Toyota anyway.

These various recalls that have now been going on for a few months, I wonder if there are going to be a multitude of lawsuits, if one is able to prove that a certain manufacturer is at fault for causing or contributing to an accident.

I meant to put up a poll with a 'wouldn't buy one anyway option'. But I forgot to tick the box :dunce:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes I would buy one as they now recognise that autonomy is a must and will restructure the company accordingly.

A combination of expansion and compromise of work ethic has caused this, they will be back as their cars are far better value for money than many other bloated car manufacturers.

Cynically this has happened at probably the best time ever as car sales are depressed so they will get their house in order for the upturn.

It was a very interesting program and worth comment from Branson saying you have to place your trust in others when expanding globally.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No. I've had one for the past six years and no problems whatsoever.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Toyota's havnt become bad cars over night - just typical Yanks hitting back as their cash for clunkers scheme has back fired with people buying Japanese and not home grown american crap

larus

In the past I've owned:
MR2,
Rav4
Land Cruiser Colorado
Supra (the twin turbo version :smile:).

Never had any of them break down ever. Had the Supra for abour 4 years, MR2 about 3, and the ex had the Rav then the Colorado for about 6 years in total.

Always found them well built and reliable, unlike the European/Yank cars. Between the MR2 and the Supra, I was employed (rather than self emplyed) and I had a BMW 520. Heap of shit compared to the Toyotas. Felt sluggish, and the finish was just very basic.

1066gull

Tol be fair to them, in the hilux, they have produced the most reliable 4x4 in the world that just keeps on going

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I've driven them almost continually since 1974 and although I'm probably biased I think there cracking cars. Apart from the odd light bulb, tyres when they wear out etc, I can honestly say they have never gone wrong. My only other car that I brought was a Citroen C4 about 4 years ago. In the 18 months I had it there were 3 recalls and two breakdowns. I couldn't wait to get rid off it!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I had an old Supra which served me well. I would buy a Toyota if I saw one at a decent price, they make very good cars as a rule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here